Networking is like planting a garden; how you meet the requirement for networking skill?

moony stone 2 / 4 1  
Networking is like planting a garden,the more we expand,the more benefits we will get.When I became a class monitor during my middle school years,I had communicated with my classmate and built a good network with them.Because it is the indirect way to influence them.And I was starting to join nearly all the activities and charity events from school.

I joined FUTURE YOUTH young organization in my early university days.And I also joined music club,book club and debate club as well.It make many friends and strong network between senior,junior and me.Volunteering jobs also gave me precious contact with many donators,CEOs from many sectors,organizers and colleagues.Because I volunteered since my student life,I got many recommendations from them when I applied my job after graduate.As a member of Myanmar Engineering Society ,I built a strong network with senior engineer,professors ,construction company and other field engineer suppliers.

When Myanmar was flooded in august,more than ten thousand people were affected,I immediately try to hold a small charity group to help flooded people from some regions.It has

been two years continuously flooded in Myanmar in rainy seasons,we discussed to run this group permanently in order to support the flood affected people.This charity event was formed because of strong network with many donators and colleagues from previous volunteer group called Pan Pyoe Latt.I understood the power of networking and decide to expand my social network more and more.

At my career,my employer work as a freelance and he don't like to work with many staffs.So I take over all the tasks from him and to complete them in time.I communicate with clients,I have to also explain contractors what clients want and which way we want to build plus supervise workers' actions,find technical error and command them to fix them all.I also keep in touch with suppliers to control the quality of materials we use in buildings.The most important thing to smooth our procedures of work,I have to always keep good network with all of them.I'm always balancing my decisions and my networking between them.The hardest part of the work is negotiating between architect and structural engineer.In one of our project,the architect want wide perspective glass windows and the structural engineer can't allow it.In our view of technically,it is quite dangerous to left some beams from the walls.A good networking skill can always fix the problem.Because I have a good relation with the architect,she let me put the beams in the glass windows.She changed the design and the structural engineer also satisfied.But the client and I had the longest discussion about the design and finally it was done smoothly with everybody's satisfaction.

I would like to get in contact with Chevening organization,alumini,many senior of my career and other aspects in UK.I will be able to share my experience in UK study and be a link for Myanmar students who are eager to apply this scholar.And further more,I will be using this chance of building network with them and be a part of our country developing program.
Mahmoud Hussien 2 / 3 1  
Thaw Tar La Min, it's a good essay but from my point of view you mixed between leadership and networking
in networking focus on how to build your professional network (not your friend), and demonstrate how to use this network to accomplish your goals and how to help others through your network , etc.

i hope this will be clarify enough to help you.

Home / Scholarship / Networking is like planting a garden; how you meet the requirement for networking skill?