Networking has a magical impact - Chevening Essay.

Hodhod 4 / 2  

networking skills in my career

The core of my job as a medical product specialist is to connect effectively with the healthcare providers to educate them about our company different medications. However, the reach and access to the key doctors was so hard and at the same time they were very potential for our business and having a high influence on the other junior doctors. So, I decided to build nontraditional relationship with those key opinion leaders. And this was by engaging them in different activities such as inviting them to act as a speaker to disseminate and share their medical experiences and knowledge with the other colleagues. On top of that, I was able to build a personal relationship with them by organizing to play a regular football matches together and this helped me a lot to strengthen my network with my most potential customers. Accordingly, I was successful to engage them enormously in our day to day business and they become a loyal customer. This led to that our company products had the highest market share and I was recognized as the best achiever.

I have a great passion to always develop my skills and learning new things in my work to further my career forward. So, I decided to learn more about the marketing strategies to diversify my background between sales and marketing. I connected with the marketing manager in our company and requested from him to be my mentor to help me to learn more about marketing. He gave much more marketing responsibilities as a marketing assignment like organizing the marketing activities of our company plan of action meeting. This gave me an exceptional opportunity to network with the other marketers and taking my marketing skills to a new horizon.

My networking skills helped me also to develop my business acumen. And that was when I attended a business school alumni forum, I was keen to connect openly with those calibers and to get their contact. After the meeting, I contacted them regularly to benefit from their valuable insights and experiences about studying abroad. So, my close follow-up and staying in touch with those alumni enabled me to have a network of business consultants and advisors who are ready to support in any issues or difficulties related to my work. Besides, I got to know a Harvard business school alumnus who was running his management consulting firm and he was a business navy. So, I worked with him in different projects beside my original work to learn more about the management consulting field because I was very interested in to develop my business skills.

On top of that, the network that I will build during the program with my colleagues, college professors and the industry experts will make a huge difference to my career progression. On the other hand, I will devote my time and effort to communicate effectively with the chevening alumni through different channels to form much more wide success circles everywhere in the world.
Mohamed, paragraphs one and two are applicable to the networking essay because these relate directly to your work requirements and professional development. The third paragraph, about the business school alumni forum is not connected with your profession. That is academic in nature and does not carry any evidence of having a relationship with your professional network. You can delete that portion and instead, work on developing your closing paragraph instead. Allow the closing paragraph to better reflect your explanation about the strength of your network, its usability within the Chevening network, and how willing you are to share this network with other scholars who may require your help. Your first 2 paragraphs are good enough to represent the development and use of your network so I don't believe you need to change its presentation anymore. I would however, like you to add more information about how you networked with other marketers and how that helped to enhance your career profile.

Home / Scholarship / Networking has a magical impact - Chevening Essay.