NFGL member - how you can apply the knowledge and experience gained from your time in Sweden

stuntuya 1 / -  

gaining knowledge in a chosen field and use it in own country

Describe how you can apply the knowledge and experience gained from your time in Sweden in your organisation/company and/or in your home country/region upon your return from Sweden

[Maximum 1000 characters incl. spaces]

Through the Master's program and internship opportunities, I will gain technical skills such as 3D modelling and Hi-fi prototyping, which will allow me as Innovation Manager at the Agricultural Marketing Authority of Zimbabwe to build interactive mock-ups of agribusiness systems as opposed to paper based designs. This will reduce the time it takes to get a new idea approved for funding within the company by up to 50%.

As a member of the NFGL, I will enhance my leadership skills through attending seminars and events which allow networking with other global leaders as well as mentorship from industry experts. Upon my return to Zimbabwe, I will be part of the SI Alumni Association in my country and through this organisation I will apply my leadership and organizational skills to plan and host workshops to promote sustainable living, gender equality and socially conscious innovation and entrepreneurship.
The application to the workplace setting is acceptable. However, I feel like the application is a bit shallow and standard in terms of responses. There should be a sense of how you will do intellectual transference to help the other departments or enhance the method by which program presentations are enhanced and sped up overall. Somehow, simply saying that the knowledge you gained will help speed up the application process seems a bit lacking. Try to think of other ways that your acquired skills and knowledge will further enhance the office setting and/or national program implementation.

Your networking response needs to be better presented. The networking reference should indicate how you will use the contacts to facilitate cross-border partnerships and training programs. Don't focus on just how the network can help you and how you plan to use it for your country's interests, Show a collaborative networking system. That way you will be able to say that there will be a regular exchange and development of knowledge and expertise, even after you and the others have completed the program.

Home / Scholarship / NFGL member - how you can apply the knowledge and experience gained from your time in Sweden