NIIED Scholarship Future Plan after Study - use it in Korean or Chilean work field

Macarenasca 1 / 1 1  
Hello! I'm from Chile and I want to apply for this scholarship but I'm struggling a bit with the writing part... Can someone help me by correcting grammar or the structure of some ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Future Plan

after Study o Future plan in Korea or another country after study in Korea

As a Chilean, I think studying this Master will allow me to know Korea first-hand, its people, culture and language, and help me contribute to the mutual cultural and educational exchange and hopefully strengthen the bonds between both countries through this particular field. There are probably many unexplored educational opportunities that could be detected and we can get to know them the more we share, such as making use of efficient techniques and methods in the school curriculum to have a more effective learning process of a foreign language.

So, after studying this master, and culminating that wonderful experience of living and studying in Korea, I would like to be able to take all that knowledge to continue on the improvement of English education as a foreign language and work in a correct and effective way proposing and applying different teaching methods for different types of students that will help them to communicate in the target language.

What will I do after this program? I will put in practice what I have learnt so far and apply it to the different type of students that a teacher might have inside a classroom, also I want to break the stereotype that surrounds English teachers as a foreign language being only Native people that can teach the language and not the people who prepared for it.

In the future, I would like to have the experience of working in Korea, at least, for two years, as it would complement my studies and I could apply the knowledge acquired in this program, contributing with the perspective I would have about education and the Korean society's perspective as well. I also hope to be able to work as a bridge between Korea and Chile as I mentioned before, participating in situ in the Korean educational system and establishing common grounds between these two countries, and why not to expand it to the other nations of Latin America. I strongly believe that pursuing this path will allow me to grow as a person and as a professional, having an international performance, which is a very important aspect because of our globalized world. After concluding my master's degree, I will be able to expand much more on the subject of Curriculum, more specifically in Curriculum Innovations in the communicative approach while teaching English as a Foreign Language, taking into account the efficacy that Korean educational system has regarding its curriculum.

If I get the scholarship, this opportunity would be more than a complement to my professional training, in addition I would be living in a rich cultural exchange, not only with Korean people but from the world too, being able to take all this experience to the work field, either Korean or Chilean. My ultimate goal is to contribute to an education of quality and that everyone can access to it.
Macarena, this essay will not work at all for your purposes A post study plan needs to be definite in approach. This is purely hypothetical without any clear direction for a career after you complete the program. If I were to take any part of this essay to serve as the foundation of your post study plan, I would use paragraph 4. The reason I would use that paragraph is because it says exactly what the reviewer wants to hear, you will work in Korea for a few years before you return to your home country. While the topic sentence of the paragraph is good, the content and supporting statements are weak. Throughout the essay what you need is a solid idea for how you plan to implement your English based career after graduation. For example, you can say something like:

Upon the completion of my masters studies, I plan to work in Korea for a few years. The idea is to be able to save money for my return home where I will open my own English language studio. I hope to gain employment at an English as a Second Language school in Korea where I can help improve the Korean ability to speak in English and also put into practice everything that I learned during my masters.

Returning home, I will work for the government schools as an English teacher in order to create the contacts I need to open my English studio. I hope open my English school within 3 years of my return...

That is how you present a post study plan. Use my work as your example and develop your own ideas for presentation based upon the above template. It is the only way that you can develop a more accurate post study plan.
OP Macarenasca 1 / 1 1  
Thank you so much for your help! I will rewrite it having your feedback in mind =)

Home / Scholarship / NIIED Scholarship Future Plan after Study - use it in Korean or Chilean work field