Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

NKB ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE PROGRAM helped me realize my dream- Electrical & Computer Eng

Chigozie 13 / 22 2  
PLS READ and Critique this essay!! I have two day left to submit this essay.

Briefly describe how you have been impacted by the NKB program focus area of Academic Excellence in the past year. In your response, briefly describe one academic challenge you have overcome as an engineering student or how you have supported the academic achievement of your chapter.

How I have been impacted by the NKB Academic Excellence Program

The impact of NKB Academic Excellence programs in the society has made her activities remarkable and has continued to be a huge success; thus, enabling students like me to learn more, dream more and achieve more. With great delight, I assert that academic excellence programs that I have participated in, since being a member of the NKB's family, has branded and strengthened the quality of education that I am receiving, while providing the privilege to make positive contributions in the society. NKB Academic excellence programs have enhanced my personal and professional development through providing me an opportunity to implement tutoring and science programs that have honed my leadership and communication skills. These science programs have supplemented my effort to boost my creativity and academic growth and have enabled me to acquire a sense of pride in having cognition of the impact of our services in the society.

Participating in various seminars, webinars, and research workshops sponsored by NKB has afforded me an opportunity to network with professionals and to learn about new career trends in various industries. This chance has steered me in the right path by enabling me to learn and ascertain the requisite skills and experiences in preparation to accomplish the demands of my prospective career. Through her mission to increase career excellence, NKB had recognized the growing needs to produce skilled professionals that will continue to breed new innovations and ideas to improve the society and it is for such reasons that I have pledged my full commitment towards achieving her objectives.

Currently the President of the Dillard University NKB chapter, I have worked with my teammates to drive the success of our chapter through showing a strong dedication to our activities. My ability to maintain a good rapport with the members enabled me to receive constructive criticisms and feedbacks in areas that the chapter needed improvement. Being proficient in mathematics and physical science courses, I volunteered to tutor these courses during the tutoring events that my chapter has planned both in high schools and in Dillard University. These events gave me an opportunity to assist the students and NKB member to improve their academic performances and refine their skills in science courses.

Being a team, our visions were to reduce the rate of teenage dropouts in high schools and to promote a healthier environment in New Orleans while striving to increase our academic excellence. I spurred the implementation of these goals through inspiring my teammates in my story of how I became a victim of economic adversity and war crisis caused of ignorance, during my childhood days in Nigeria. My experiences which served to inform the importance of education and accomplishing our mission and to prove my commitment to my team, was impactful in enabling them to pledge their support and full commitment in our activities.

In organizing a "Reach One, Teach One" program, aimed at increasing the passion of high students in scientific careers through exposure in various scientific projects and mentoring activities, I worked with students to design simple circuits and to build a functional forklift robot using the LEGO equipment. Though their participation in this project, students developed a curiosity for science, improved academically and mentally, and nurtured a passion to accomplish their dream through ascertaining a college education. Also, I have assisted in planning various discussion panels through which students have been able to learn about the new career trends as well as network with professionals.

NKB Academic Excellence Program has facilitated my dream of becoming an Electrical and Computer Engineer and I believe that through a virtuous cycle of commitment and hardwork to my studies, my goals will be achieved.

Home / Scholarship / NKB ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE PROGRAM helped me realize my dream- Electrical & Computer Eng