NTU SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY - "Accept it and move on!"

Rubricate 1 / 1  

ntu ESSAY on values and beliefs

Describe, in less than 300 words the values and beliefs you hold strongly to, please provide examples of how you have demonstrated these in your actions

I believe in the value of acceptance and that acceptance should exist inside everyone, theres a quote by J.K. Rowling that says "Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery". Back in middle school, I am very persistence when it comes to competition, whenever I lose to something whether its in education, in sport, or even games I would be very mad and never accept it, this caused me to develop a bad habit, I would endlessly find people's mistake even if its irrelevant, by the time I know it a lot of people have already avoided me, but growing up I realize that sometimes accepting myself is very crucial to my growth, I feel a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I began to accept my own mistake, my inability, my loss, and I also began to accept people's ability more. As the quote stated before, after i have acceptance i soon received my recovery, more people start to talk to me and I start to make more friends.

Additionally, opportunity have also been my core values, and I believe that opportunity holds a big part of our future. Since I was younger, my mother always told me to grab any opportunities that I can manage, even after I reach high school. In high school I got the chance to compete in a national Olympiad, even though in the end I didn't win it I'm still glad that i got experience from it. My parents gave me an opportunity by affording all of my educations although we are not financially stable, thus I have to proof to my parents that their opportunity wont go to waste by consistently searching for education achievements.

Please review and point out my mistakes, thank you.
The discussion about your belief in the value of acceptance is a good one. The problem.is that it requires a more appropriate progression or development of this belief in your development as a person. The whys and hows of your embodiment of the J.K. Rowling quote needs to be better addressed. Right now, the presentation is jumping around without a cohesive line of thinking.

Opportunity is definitely not a core value so you need to delete that reference and use an actual core value. A quick search will deliver a list with explanations and examples that can help you choose the core value that best suits your personality and /or upbunging. You will need to rebalance your word count when you write the new paragraph.
OP Rubricate 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for the review!

Home / Scholarship / NTU SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY - "Accept it and move on!"