Once a leader; Always a leader. Seeking for a better Change for continuous development of my nation

mydeendadon 1 / 2 1  
The question: Chevening is looking for individuals that will be future leaders or influencers in their home countries.

Pls kindly peruse my write up below and comment corrections or suggestions where ever you deem it necessary. Thanks in anticipation

Once a leader; Always a leader. Having served as a staunch Assistant Secretary General and Executive President of the Nigerian Association of Agricultural Students (NAAS), Kwara State University (KWASU), Chapter 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 session respectively. I was able to motivate, inspire and provide my co executive members a vision of the association project objectives which is to encourage creativity, risk-taking and constant improvement in practical skills for all member of the association so as to be more relevant in the real life Agricultural situation. A workshop programme was conducted themed towards production of mosquito repellant cream using dried leaves of hyptis suaveolens weed, this was actualised with the aid of strong team work displayed by my co executive members. The programme was successful implemented while enjoined by all the members of the Association and other participants. The product was ascertained and granted for use by the college of Agriculture, KWASU. As a member of the executive body of the University, Students Representative Assembly, I was able to convince and Influence the centre for food and safety unit of the University to grant sales the product within and outside the Institution premises. Being an aficionado of change, I shall remain steadfast in seeking for better Change for continuous development of my nation.
OP mydeendadon 1 / 2 1  
@mydeendadon
@Holt please kindly help me with corrections and let me know if am on the right path. Thanks in anticipation
Giwa, the essay is too short and does not fulfill the full requirements of the essay. First of all, I need to get one thing straight from you. Seeing as you were part of a student body until recently, does that mean that you do not have any actual work experience that you can refer to in terms of leadership and influence? Chevening is a scholarship that leans heavily towards the professional experience of their applicants so it would be in your best interest to compete on the same ground as everyone else in order to ensure the consideration of your application. While your academic leadership is notable, it is not as strong as the experiences the others will be presenting. In order to compete, you need to be able to present some highly impressive or, at the very least, professional leadership experience of some sort.

If you want to continue to use the information that you have, then focus on the development of the mosquito repellant instead. Discuss your role on the development team and how you were able to use your influencing skills to get the project to go ahead. While there was no government participation in this project, we might be able to make it notable enough to use in the essay. Any chance the repellant will be picked up by a government arm and distributed nationally? That would really make your essay highly competitive and memorable.
OP mydeendadon 1 / 2 1  
I'm grateful and am currently working on it to improve it.

Home / Scholarship / Once a leader; Always a leader. Seeking for a better Change for continuous development of my nation