"My parents, my supporters" - Cosmetology Scholarship

elexus 1 / -  
For me this is one of the best achievements I am able to make happen in my life besides the completion of High School. My main reason to attend cosmetology school is to pursue my higher education. By continuing I will break into my intended career path to achieve the knowledge and ambition in my chosen field, to give back to the community, and to see a change for the better interest of others and myself. I see this opportunity as a way to achieve my dreams, engage in new experiences and gain a deeper sense of who I am. Ever since i was a little girl my mom was my manican. From brushing her hair for hours on end or putting my barbie baretts in her hair, not only me but even then my mom knew i had a natural talent for doing people's hair and makeup. I love everything about becoming a cosmetologist the fast pace enviroment, seeing new faces, meeting new people, the constant change of the newest styles and popular trends. I have brave friends that let me do amature highlights for practice, my mom lets me color her hair, a dad that lets me clean his mustasche up, little sisters that let me put pretty french braids in their hair. I have all the support i need from my family. This is something that i love and know will take me far i've stuck with it this for so long I know I will be so successful.

I have high standards for myself. I don't want to just inch pass Cosmetology School. I want to be the top of my class. I want to be one of the best. I don't want to be just any cosmetologist I want to stand out, and be different from others. I am so ambitious and want to be able to reach my goals and prove to myself that I can be sucessful because of how bad I want to be awarded this scholarship. I know that it may not be easy, but my desire and detication is there. With that I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.

Even though I am passionate about cosmetology I have other intrests such as being with my family and lounging around. I am not your typical 19 year old. I like to explore the world and challenge myself to anything that will get my mind going. I am an energetic fun person whose always up for something new. I enjoy watching sports, staying active and being healthy. I think that these are incentives for the cosmetology field which would make me into an even better cosmetologist.

I am the oldest in my family, I have to little sisters Lilian (13) Netty (9) and a little brother Joel (7). So I guess you can say I am the role model for my syblings to follow through in their dreams and goals. My parents are big supporters in whatever it is we are currently involved in. My parents want the world for us. What any parent would want for their child. They have done so much and have come a long way to fufill our needs.

I am intrested in attending Tricoci Beauty School. Their Cosmetology Program seems perfect for me. I love how once you walk in it not only feels like a School, but a professional salon. I attented the meeting and loved everything the school offers. Their programs besides cosmetology such as esthetics, and nail tek intrested me also, but I do want to take it one step at a time and complete their cosmetology program first. The teachers seem so lovley and I am encouraged that I could be a perfect candidate for this school.
Jerber - / 12  
Happy to help:) If you were planning on pursuing a degree at a university or liberal arts college, I would of recommended enrolling in a prep english course before taking your english comp courses. However, since you plan on doing cosmotology where my guess is you won't be doing much writing, I would just say continue to work on your writing. If you really want to work on your writing even though you're doing cosmotology, you can always simple take a course at a community college. Trust me, I know how you feel, writing was an issue for me too, until I took my english prep course in college; however, after that and taking both my comp courses (which I did great in), I was fine.
Jerry, you are a hero. Thanks for helping so much.

My main reason to attend cosmetology school is to pursue my higher education. By continuing I will break into my intended career path to achieve the knowledge and ambition in my chosen field, to give back to the community, and to see a change for the better interest of others and myself.

This is all meaningless stuff. I am not trying to be a jerk; I just want to tell you something important. Do not include vague stuff like this. Give sentences that tell specific things about your academic and career goals. For example, you can list the specific topics you are studying right now related to your field. But do not say something so obvious, like, "I want to attend cosmology school to pursue my higher education." That is to obvious. You can make every sentence meaningful.

Home / Scholarship / "My parents, my supporters" - Cosmetology Scholarship