I have participated in activities that have offered me a global point of view

majortomishere 1 / 1  
Throughout my career, I have always used any occasion to improve my personal skills and encouraged myself to go further with a broad international perspective. In my efforts to the next step I have decided to seek for a chance for a post-graduate degree and contribute to my career with the skills gained from a masters degree by attending a university in the United Kingdom. Therefore, I am looking forward to having the privilege of being awarded a Ch evening Scholarship opportunity.

Having graduated from Gazi University in 2005 with an Economics degree I started my career as Deputy Inspector in the Ministry of Interior Affairs. Within a few years I decided to shift to a more specific area which could best suit my targets in my life and scored 94 over 100, being in 589th of 163.053 canditates after the 2 day country-wide exam. Later on I was nominated to work in the Ministry of Transport as Assistant European Union Expert in 2008. In 2010, I was selected from a distinguished group of civil servants to be employed as a Finance Manager under the division of the Undersecretariat of Treasury dealing with the European Union Pre-Accession Funds. In 2013 I was promoted to EU Expert in the Ministry of Transport and was appointed to manage the financial progress and procurement process in line with EU Regulations of the Transport Operational Programme under the scope of financial funds dedicated to the candidacy period of Turkey to the European Union.

Owing to working in close interest with the acquis communautaire, I have gathered an extraordinary perspective to see the vast field of international pool of experience among the European Countries and decided to strive my challenge to study a subject in more detail dealing with the European Union. Therefore I am planning to study Political Economy of Europe in London School of Economics that would both contribute to my development of European Union knowledge as well as to understand the economy of Europe in political aspects.

Thanks to a number of professional trainings given by the leading consulting companies in the world, I have improved my skills in my job. As the major part of the funds allocated to Turkey are spent on the construction and rehabilitation of railway projects, these trainings offered me a deep knowledge on EU PRAG Guideline which constitutes the rules for procurement and award of contracts for European Union External Actions. Furthermore, another main field of trainings were to focus on construction projects as well as their supervisions in line with the provisions of FIDIC Conditions of Contract which is the internationally recognized guide of works contracts.

Apart from my professional studies, I have participated in activities that have offered me a global point of view. In 2006 I have participated to a seminar in Israel with the subject of Dialogue between Cultures and I was awarded the certificate of Tourism Goodwill Ambassador for Israel by Mr. Isaac Herzog, Minister of Tourism. In addition I have been participating to international gatherings of the website named InterNations in Ankara which brings together diplomats, members of IGOs and NGOs, foreign correspondents, expatriates employed by multinational companies and their families in order to acquire a social view of intercultural interest and exchange reliable information on specific topics, both on global and local level. These experiences, being milestones of my broad understanding of cultures, have helped me further advance my analysis on European Union as well as inspiring my understanding of the general overview of the international communities.
JakeCarter 1 / 2 2  
Hi,

Just a few points to mention. First of all, I congratulate you on all of your achievements and it is clear to see that you have gradually gained a rather rare insight into the field of economics. More importantly, after reading your personal statement I got the feeling that it was perhaps too factual. I feel that if you provided a clear insight into the motives of your study and a deep portrayal of you as a person it would stand you in good stead with LSE. So have a read over and add in some of your thoughts and feelings. I have a strong feeling that this would help LSE to pick you out from the rest.

Best of luck,

Jake
OP majortomishere 1 / 1  
Hi Jack,

Thank you for your support and fruitful comments on my statement. I will revise it taking into account your suggestion. Though, when I read it again I saw what you actually meant was really missing. I will post the revised version a.s.a.p.

Regards,

mehmet

Home / Scholarship / I have participated in activities that have offered me a global point of view