"Why a particular interest in the area of Literature?" - Bishop's School

jesseaug5 1 / -  
I NEED HELP! So, i have to write a 500-word essay on why I have a particular interest in the area of Literature. I have no clue where to start and how to make the essay long enough without being boring or repetitive.

THANKS!
That means you have not read anything you like! I suggest starting with something for which you can find a great analysis.

First, what are some "areas" of lit? Do you ever read anything at all? Some kids don't read anything they don't have to read. I like books Japanese literature, so I have been reading about the Buddhist poet Kobayashi Issa.

I bet maybe you will enjoy horror. Do you enjoy the tension that Dean Koontz creates in his fiction? Do you enjoy the strange, dull fear that Stephen King creates in Salem's Lot? Misery?

I suggest King for you. I don't know you, but I am going to use my intuition and guess that you should focus on modern horror fiction.

And you can cite King's essay: drmarkwomack.com/pdfs/horrormovies.pdf
This refers to "horror movies," but of course the same ideas apply to horror literature.

Now, get started!! If you don't spend some hours reading, you won't be a scholar. :-)

Home / Scholarship / "Why a particular interest in the area of Literature?" - Bishop's School