Passion for Fashion - GKS U Personal Statement 2023

AlexaaaDay 1 / 1  
Hi, this is my first time using this site. I am going to apply for the GKS program next year, and I would like to get advice on my personal statement. this is the prompt that they give us. Thank you.

FASHION HAS NO GENDER

I am Nang Hmoo KantKaw who has a short height despite her long name.My passion for fashion started because of my mom.When I was young, she was my personal stylist.Whenever I looked good in the outfit she chose for me,her eyes would be full of joy and excitement.I wanted to have the same eyes as hers.So I started to help my friends everytime they got trouble with their outfits for the day out.I feel so excited to see them look pretty in the outfit I chose for them.That is the time I thought to myself "If that was so much exciting only to choose the design made by others, how will it do to me if people wear my creations".That thought made me realize that I want to become a fashion designer, someone who can give people the confidence by their works.

My parents have been the most influential in my life.They have taught me patience and courage to face difficulties.And they always tell me that you will have to try your best to get what you want.So I will definitely work hard, although the way to become a fashion designer will not be easy.And I tend to overthink on my work.But it made want to do the best on everything that is given to me.

I grew up in a family that has financial problems. I have been taught the importance of education since I was young.I studied hard since primary school and, as a result, I have been a top student in my school.I volunteer as a class monitor on my school day.And I like to perform in school ceremonies.As I like the atmosphere of competition,I will always find the opportunity to participate in them.Neither I win or not,they will always give me the excitement I enjoy.After all I can say that my childhood is a colorful one.

When I graduated from high school, my education journey was postponed due to COVID and some other situations in my country.Since then, I was looking for a scholarship and found GKS in 2022.During the pandemic I have been exposed to Korea by listening to K-pop and watching K Drama.And they scream FASHION HAS NO GENDER.I found that very unique for me.And I found myself very inspired and eager to keep learning about Fashion.I am certain GKS scholarship grant will equip me with the knowledge and skills to become the kind of professional I want to be.And I believe pursuing my dream in Korea is the right next step in my life.
Try to write another personal statement. The motivation in this essay is based more on a Kardashian like personal stylist inspiration which is nowhere near becoming a fashion designer. A fashion designer is someone who can design their own clothes. Fashion means having a personal sense of style, not helping others develop their style. There is actually nothing in this essay that proves an interest in Fashion Design as one would think a fashion school applicant would have.

When considering the prompt requirements, the lack of fashion design development through exposure, experience, and activity participation are the reasons why the applicant could miss out on being considered for this scholarship. The prompt requirements were simply not met by this highly simplistic personal statement.
OP AlexaaaDay 1 / 1  
Thanks for your advice.I will try to write another personal statement .

Home / Scholarship / Passion for Fashion - GKS U Personal Statement 2023