Path to my future career; scholarship Personal Statement

davidoff 1 / -  
Hello, this is my scholarship Personal Statement. Could you please proofread and review it? thanks a lot

Applicants should be high calibre professionals with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership. Please clearly outline how you meet these criteria, giving examples of your leadership and networking skills as well as an insight into your academic background. Please limit your answer to 1000 words.

In my childhood I always wanted to become a person who will help my countries transport system and who as a professional support effective operation of the transport. When I was sixteen years old, the keen interest of transport forced me to leave school early and started learning transport at the college in the small town where I was born and grew up. To follow my path of education, I decided to pursue transportation as a career.With the objective of learning the latest strategies and practices in the field I have always been striving to deepen myknowledge and skills.

After I graduated from the college, I continued my study at Technical University and got bachelor's degree in Transport Management and master's degree in Project Management successfully, I studied Project Management at ??? and I also have training in different fields at the ???. Besides studying, I was active in the student conferences. I prepared and submitted several scientific essays. In 2002 I became the third winner of the Student Scientific Technical Conference. But all these do not appear sufficient from the point of view of modern managerial principles and methodology while I was working over the different development and infrastructure projects.

I joined ??? in 2004, first I was working as a marketing specialist and mainly I was involved in marketing researching and forecasting of different goods, then I was moved to the Railway Restructuring and Development Project, which was performed by the American company ??? and the project was funded by ???. My job entailed describing and providing detail background of existing business processes and, on the basis of the old ones, composing newer and more effective business processes. Working in a Western business-oriented environment, I have both developed strong team abilities and have experienced the value and synergies of combining people with different backgrounds, knowledge, and experience levels.

After working with ???, I was involved in several important development projects: ??? - which was performed by Corporate Solutions with the financial assistance by the World Bank and "Technological Rehabilitation of the Railway Line between ???" - which was performed by ??? with the financial assistance by EuropeAid. The both projects fully equipped me with a comprehensive, specialized, and rigorous experience in transport. Since 2008 I am working on a project named ???. The main goal of the project is to improve the safety and efficiency of railway operations by constructing a new section of railway track bypassing Tbilisi.

In my current position, as a Project Administrator I am required to manage all aspects of any projects that concern implementing innovation and novelty in my company. This fits perfectly for me as the next logical step in my career growth. I feel strongly now that to advance further I need to have a multifaceted role of project manager, strategy planner, and business developer.

Over the last nine years, as I have delved more deeply into my profession and further defined my role in the field, my career goals have expanded. In my different positions with ???, I have honed my skills and gained a more in-depth understanding of not only what is required of me today, but also what the field of transportation in my country will require in the future. To continue to be in a position to make meaningful contributions, I must get further education in order to become a highly qualified manager with marketable analytical skills, business orientation, and effective leadership abilities. However, my career thus far has been very educational. I have learned many different things in many different positions at ???. This knowledge base has helped me define my career for myself and strengthened my desire to attend the postgraduate program in UK.

The ??? Scholarship will provide me with the opportunity to pursue the postgraduate program in transport in UK University. UKs transport system is most unique and integrated in the world. Much has to be learned from such a developed and prosperous transport system, and there would be no better place and no better way to do this but by studying in a British university. Moreover, I look forward to meet classmates and teachers with different background and nationalities that will enable me to widen my knowledge and improve my global vision. Most notably, I will enjoy the challenge of studying in creative and intellectually stimulating environment where I can strive to be the best that I can be. I am confident that this will provide me with a new outlook for solving problems and creating innovation to support my company's effective operations.

It is an accepted fact that the UK is the best to complete any course which will be recognized throughout the world. It is the country with many multi-national companies where students have advantages for studying in the leading Universities and Colleges. The postgraduate program in transport will have an undoubtedly positive influence on my professional occupation and wholly outfit me with the complete knowledge in all the aspects of Transport. It is essential for me to complete a postgraduate program, which will prepare me with the tools, skills, and knowledge necessary to succeed. ??? Scholarship will enable me to grow as a skilled professional ready to take on the challenges my country faces in this increasingly globalizing world. The knowledge I obtain in UK will meet international standards while giving me a competitive edge both within my country and overseas.

I am confident that my leadership and teamwork abilities and analytical and managerial capabilities, combined with the unique education that UK Universities have to offer, will give me the opportunity to become a professional manager and a successful leader. In addition, I believe my decision to pursue the postgraduate program would meet my long-term career goals and the knowledge, skills and experiences gained through such a program would bring newer insights in my professional potential, personal outlook on life and society. Finally, by studying in UK, I will gain meaningful insight into economic and democratic development, which will ultimately benefit my country as well.As an international student, with a different culture, I firmly believe participating in the ??? Scholarship will smooth the path to my future career.
In my childhood I always wanted to become a person who will help my countries transport system and who as a professional support effective operation of the transport.

I feel this is a bit too serious for a child's thoughts. As a kid, you would dream of becoming a certain professional, but this sounds a few steps more... I feel you should present this a bit more convincing way.

When I was sixteen years old, the keen interest ofin transportation forced me to leave school early and started learning transportation at the college in the small town where I was born and grew up

What did you learn there? Was it a course on a particular transportation system? .... This sentence too sounds a bit vague :(

Home / Scholarship / Path to my future career; scholarship Personal Statement