My Performance - Leadership and Influence essay for Chevening

TheYodash 1 / -  

Leadership and Influence essay

During my previous work experience, I have demonstrated This continuously demonstrated in my performance. As I was able to gain the trust of the team and the organisation's leadership team. As part of my responsibilities within the Strategy & Business Development team. Also, I have played a pivotal role in the research, analysis and presentation of feasibility studies and business plans. I was responsible for leading projects having many stakeholders from junior levels to most senior staff, allocating tasks, and providing guidance and support. This has given me the opportunity to have a wide network of colleagues all around the conglomerate, which proved beneficial for the department and the business as a whole. For instance, I spearheaded an initiative of identifying gaps and bottlenecks in the process of the supply chain and effectively provided recommendations and action points to the top management to overcome the challenges. This initiative has led the company to reduce the lead time by 50% and reduced the cost by 30%.

My leadership skills are instrumental in energising our team. As I encourage a constant flow of information, that involves all of the team members in the decision-making and planning processes. Additionally, to elevate my leadership skills I was keen on participating in exhibitions, workshops and seminars. As I took responsibility for implementing SAP SuccessFactors in the company, which led me to assume the role of Digital Systems & Analytics Manager. And from there I took the opportunity and embedded a culture of continuous improvement in the HR department and the rest of the conglomerate where we had to move from a manual paper-based system to a completely digital system. In my period as a Digital Systems & Analytics Manager, I also provided intelligent reports that have driven the leadership team to make more informed decisions. My efforts weren't just to influence the top management, but also to share the knowledge that I gained throughout my career with my colleagues and reports. As I held many different training sessions for my team and others as well.
This presentation is not very effective as it does not provide specific instances of leadership nor influencing situations in a workplace. Correct references to leadership and influencer traits are listed in an almost text book format, so the essay contains what the writer knows the reviewer needs and wants to read about. The problem is that there is a lack of justification and evidence to prove these claims. A situation that could lead the reviewer to think twice about the validity of these reference points. These are overgeneralized in the essay. The reviewer needs specifics.

A candidate rich in relevant experience such as this applicant surely can open up and share a marked leadership and influencing experience at his company. One that can prove he is an emerging leader in his field of work. This presentation does not achieve that purpose.

Home / Scholarship / My Performance - Leadership and Influence essay for Chevening