Plan to encourage students to pursue a higher education degree; SCHOLARSHIP

takea 1 / -  
I wrote an essay. Since my English skills are poor, I'd appreciate it if you would give me some advice.

"Education can have a tremendous effect on the economic development of a country. Please provide a plan to encourage students to pursue a higher education degree. (600 word limit)"

Some students do not try to get a higher education degree though it will allow them to gain wide perspectives and great opportunities. It seems to me that they hesitate mainly because of expensive fees, little information, and anxiety about the job after graduation. When I thought about it, I came up with one idea that would solve all the problems at once. That is the collaboration between educational institutions and industries.

First of all, tuition is the biggest concern for many students when choosing schools. Some people cannot enter their dream school because of their low family income. Some international students have to give up their dream school because it does not offer financial aids to them. In my opinion, how poor they are or where they come from should not make students give up their wish for studying. If industries cooperated with schools and gave them financial support, schools could award more scholarships to more students than now. These days, fees are going up in many countries. I believe something like this has to be done in order to encourage students to get high-level education.

Second, students do not have enough information before they decide whether they should enter school or not. Actually you can find almost everything about a school such as what you can learn there or what campus is like on its homepage. The only thing you need to do is to know school name and search for it on the Internet. However, since there are few chances for young people to see school names in their daily lives, they often decide not to go to school without getting enough information. If schools collaborated with industries and asked them to put school name along with their advertisements such as TV commercials or billboards, young people would see it frequently, be interested, and search for it on the Internet. We need to let students know what school is like before they choose not to enter.

Finally, students often get anxious about the job after graduation. Some students want to know exactly how a high education degree benefits them. In order to reassure them, industries should cooperate with school and guarantee that its students who meet some requirements can work for them after graduating. This plan is profitable not only for students but also for industries. For, industries can hire competent employees who gained specific knowledge at school. Students at a loss whether to go to school or not will be encouraged by such a clear prospect.

In conclusion, the collaboration between educational institutions and industries would solve three main problems which make students hesitate to enter school and get a higher education degree. This idea might seem a little bit extreme and have demerits, but we need to take a huge step like this to change young people's views on education.
Some students do not try to get a higher education degree though it will allow them to gain wide perspectives and great opportunities.

... I think it's better you qualify the students who are eligible for pursuing a degree because not everybody would be interested in doing so.

Not every eligible student gets the opportunity to pursue a tertiary education that would enhance their chances of having a brighter future.

It seems to me that they hesitate mainly because of expensive fees, little information, and anxiety about the job after graduation.

In my view, the main reasons for this are financial constraints, lack of information and the risk of getting an appropriate job after graduation.

Home / Scholarship / Plan to encourage students to pursue a higher education degree; SCHOLARSHIP