Plan of Study - Master's degree in Programme and Project Management - The University of Warwick

PeterIroga442 1 / 1  

(Commonwealth Scholarship-2018)

Gaining Master's degree in Programme and Project Management is a bonus for me and my country the Solomon Islands. The University of Warwick is one of the finest universities in the world, renowned for its pioneer in research, education, and globally recognized for its reputation for training and innovation.

As a developing country that depends on international aid programmes and projects to deliver its essential services and to manage the impacts of natural disaster and ethnic crisis, the proposed study program is vital to ensure populace benefits from the projects and programmes must implement successfully.

Foreign aid has played a significant role in social and economic development in the Solomon Islands. For instance, New Zealand aid support and partnership with SI (MFAT) is entirely up to 40.94 Million, (mfat.govt.nz/en/aid-and-development/our-work-in-the-pacific/solomon-islands/). The continued growth in foreign funding to the country is welcoming; however, Solomon Islanders needs to have the right knowledge, skills, and abilities to deliver the projects successfully.

Successfully implementation of programmes and projects is a boost for the country development. As part of my study at The University of Warwick, I will learn about project planning management and control and management of change and managing the multi-project/programme environment. These are the areas I like to focus on to successfully implementation of development projects/programmes in the rural communities.

The Warwick University has excellent learning resources and has the experts' input from industries that making sure students learning are relevant to their career and to ensure the students gain the skills and knowledge they expected to acquire with personal support throughout the studies. Thus, I believed, the proposed studies will enhance my competencies to handle programmes and projects challenges and The Warwick University is the right place for me to build my academic and employment careers for the future.
Peter, this is a good discussion but it is not a study plan. A study plan refers to a project or research idea that you have for impleentation in your home country upon your return. The presentation requires you to present a thesis statement, project objectives, type of research required, possible length of research, benefits of the research in terms of promoting the UK relationship with country through the foundation's support of your research, and finally, what the assumed outcome of the research will be that stands to benefit your home country.

Your essay severely lacks in the required information as what you have presented is nothing more than an overview discussion of facts. There is no presentation of an actual plan for your studies. This is a thesis presentation requirement. While this may change in the fture, the reviewer needs you to at least give an idea od how you will be spending your study time as a scholar. That's why thi essay needs to be more definitive in presentation rather than a general discussion.
OP PeterIroga442 1 / 1  
Thank you Holt for the feedback, i'll work on the points as you're discussed.

Home / Scholarship / Plan of Study - Master's degree in Programme and Project Management - The University of Warwick