My post study career plan for Chevening for your kind review

Tanveer Ahmed 3 / 7 2  

my conspicuous role and contribution

I have experienced practically and studied that mostly publicly funded mega project in Pakistan never completes on time and takes usually more than twice durations than contractually earmark time. One quintessential out of several is my current project i.e. Construction of New Islamabad International airport project, which was to complete till 25th August, 2013 contractually and is still lingering on. So, upon completion of my master education, I will come back in Pakistan and resume my job in the construction sector. I am keen to attach with government organizations relating to my profession, such National development consultant Planning section and IDAP Punjab. The main strive to be to attach with these national organizations and implement my research outcomes in the domestic construction industry. I strongly feel that higher education from U.K coupled with prior professional experience, research experience enabled me qualified candidate. I will be in a higher managerial position within two years. So, with that position I will specifically implement Construction Management techniques of U.K along with my theoretical research consequences. I am not claiming that I shall control all construction project delay issues, but I strongly believe that I shall play my conspicuous role to replace obsolete construction execution technique and implement the method and practices prevailing in developed countries.

After 2 to 3 years, gaining pertinent professional experience, I will start teaching for the better interpretation and demonstration of my skills, knowledge and experience. The pragmatic experience, learning in diverse environment, international exposure, theoretical research and practical implementation of the real projects conspicuously help me for the better effectuation, flamboyance and pedagogy. I am strongly convinced that teacher with strong practical experience with real project accomplishment can hone practical perceptions of students and can yield better result. Teaching profession is hardly by choice in Pakistan, mostly the graduated with no job availability entered into it by an obsession. Consequently, the educational system is not well-matched to developed country's system and the research oriented programs equipped with latest technology and advancement are rare. It is imperative to mention here that the United Kingdom is investing significantly in Pakistan in the education sector in the form of education of disadvantages children, inspection and performance of the education provider, teaching and leadership, career guidance in further higher education, teacher training and professional development. I am desirous to add my contribution towards the education of underserved rural and semi-rural area. After establishing myself in some institute i.e. After 5 to 6 years I will start my Ph.D. From highly ranked institute.
Tanveer, there is a major flaw in your post study career plan. The flaw, is that you did not look for a project that the UK advocates for in Pakistan. That means, you need to find a UK based agency that you can actually work with in order to enhance your work experience. You will have a better chance of winning this scholarship if you can prove that the UK has professional interests along the same line as yours, which the country is actively developing, cooperating in the implementation of, or promoting in Pakistan. Your plans as of now are not inclusive of these important considerations and as such, make this post study plan tremendously weak as it does not prove that you will be able to continue promoting the Chevening principles, network, and exchange of knowledge upon your return to Pakistan. You must look into a UK supported construction or educational project that you can work with or try to coordinate with in order to strengthen the possibility of your being awarded this scholarship. You made mention of your interest in these types of work upon your return so you need to make that UK connection clear otherwise, your essay will not be impressive nor relevant to the reviewer.

Home / Scholarship / My post study career plan for Chevening for your kind review