Powerful networking skill builds deep relationships and connections. Networking Question

HNT 2 / 4 1  

Chevening Scholarship Networking Question

I am an introvert, and I have learned that about myself from a young age. It is something that I embrace and cherish since it has taught me to be sincere and honest with myself and those around me. Despite common misconceptions about introversion, it can be a powerful networking skill that builds deep relationships and connections. I always begin my conversations with a smile, as I consider this gesture a genuine call to open a dialogue. My curiosity and ability to observe and respond to those around me enable me build a bridge and see it bloom on the other side.

Given that I have went to five different schools, and three universities, two of which were in Germany during a language exchange program, I managed to build a wide range of network that played a major role in my career. During my higher education years, I have professionally worked at numerous positions in diverse fields as for nine months I was a customer relationship manager in "Zain JO" telecommunications company refining my skill sets in soft skills and getting familiarized in large corporate management environments, involvement with inter-departmental focus sessions and communicating with clients and co-workers from different managerial and administrative hierarchies. At the same time I was working with "Ammaning.net", an events and country based activities social and cultural online platform; coordinating with local event hosts for media coverage and leading the photojournalism team to different events and venues across the city. And last but not least, throughout my study years I occupied a position of a Teaching Assistant and a co-lecturer at my University in the School of Architecture and Built Environment. Bridging gaps between students and professors, transferring knowledge and discovering the values of academia for myself and those around me. All of these positions have broadened the spectrum of my connections, where upon these gained skills I was able to let many of these connections grow and prosper on both social and professional manners, as until this very time being I have still maintained of most of these relationships, in addition to collectively connecting many of these individuals from different circles or with similar interests with one another or with myself building great lasting friendships as well as professional relationships, gaining me the reputation of being "The Fixer".

After earning my bachelor degree in Architecture Engineering and working in numerous positions in my field, these relationships, in addition to newly gained ones have crystallized to build themselves up as a valuable asset in building a career path for myself, and those around me. I soon have realized that all these prospering and growing networks would become the very foundation and infrastructure of my very own Design and Production startup company "RAW." designs.
Mohammad, you have written this networking essay like a college common prompt essay. That is not the proper way to represent your networking skills in this essay. You received a prompt with the application that gave you a specific set of instructions for discussing your networking skills. You did not represent any of the instructions in your essay. Your networking skills should not be based on academic internships. These should be based on real world, profession related acquaintances and business partners who have helped you throughout your career. Now, if you can prove that the internship networks you created have a vital function in your current line of employment, then go ahead and use that information in the essay. Offer solid examples of how any or all of those "academic" networks have helped you in current profession. If you tried to impress the reviewer with numerous work experiences in an effort to claim a network because you do not have a professional network in place as of today, then that paragraph will not help you. That paragraph only shows worked at numerous places while you were in college and met people. That is not a network. That is a resume. Depict how you form work related networks, how these networks have helped you and how you have helped them. Then try to explain what sort of interest Chevening should have in your network due to the scholars that they have in the field of architecture engineering. Explain how you are willing to share your network with them since you will also benefit from the Chevening network during your studies and after your graduate.

Home / Scholarship / Powerful networking skill builds deep relationships and connections. Networking Question