It's precisely what I was looking for; europubhealth+ scholarship motivation letter

kk12 1 / -  
Hi all,

Kindly need your correction and input for my motivation letter in applying EuroPubHealth+ Erasmus Mundus, your suggestions are highly appreciated
. Don't know how to express me in the best.

Thank you.

Letter of motivation

First and foremost, I was impressed with the master's programs in Europe, particularly this double-degree program. The advantage of this program, I am interested in both public health policy and epidemiology. So I believe it is a huge benefit that this dual degree allows me to study both fields together. When I was researching in other countries and schools, it was quite unusual to discover a master's scholarship that was precisely what I was looking for, just like this.

During my bachelor years, I volunteered for various major national surveys and learned biostatistics and epidemiology from my professors. Cancer is the leading cause of death in XXX, particularly liver cancer, and a nationwide cancer cohort study has been initiated with Japanese funding. The survey of one person in this study contains around 200-300 questions, which the epidemiologist must ask in person. Our school teachers began enrolling volunteer students due to the vast size of the sample and the limited number of the research team. That is why I volunteered to be a data collector in the survey in order to get valuable experience on how to gather questionnaires from survey participants and fill them out precisely and effectively.

After finishing my bachelor's degree, I applied for a position as a research specialist at a national level hospital. Our team was working on the WHO project at the time, which we successfully finished. As a result, I wanted to push myself in another profession, so I applied to the Ministry of Health's implementing agency for theXXX Center. I acquired valuable experience that has helped me understand my professional goals, which are more focused on health policy and human resource planning. Following the completion of my master's degree, I intend to work as a public health lecturer at the XXX National University of Medical Sciences.

Finally, in university and in my new job, I gained valuable skills from others. In both fields, I am confident in my professional experience. Although it is a short period in comparison to other public health specialists. Despite the fact that I am just 22 years old, I have finished five years of medical school and nearly two years of full-time employment in large government institutions, which I hope will demonstrate that I am a qualified candidate for this scholarship.
This is not the type of motivation letter that truly explains how and why your interest in completing this double major as an EM scholar developed. Seeing how this is 24 month course with studies happening in 2 different countries per semester, It would appear that you failed to consider the study paths and career directions each path takes you on for the 2 motivation reasons. I do not see any reference to the applicability of the program for both years to your undergraduate course, nor have you considered what your future research or thesis motivations are.

This is a weak motivational letter because it is based on a simple motivational idea rather the EM requirements for motivation for its applicants. The joint masters course is not one that you should take lightly because the demands of the course have both local and international benefits for you. None of which you properly represent in this essay. This is an essay that is too short to be a true EM motivational letter and, it fails to address the candidate requirements that you fulfill for the joint major program.
Famous125 2 / 5 1  
As ellaborate as it seems, I think you fail to mention most of those thing that have motivated you to aspire for this dual course. All you try to express is the excitement you have to have it a dual MSc. Degree.

My opinion !

Home / Scholarship / It's precisely what I was looking for; europubhealth+ scholarship motivation letter