My previous and current leadership experience have given positive impact to progress in my career

pungihw 1 / 2  
Hello friends,

I have written the essay about my experience for Leadership & Influence and Networking Questions.. Kindly need your help to give me some feedback on my essay. I will appreciate any comments and suggestions

Leadership and Influence Question

360/500 words

Being able to give positive impact to the organization is most people want to accomplish. Leading an organization is one of several ways to achieve it. My remarkable leadership experience started in college life. When I was in college, I often had many opportunities to become a group leader in some tasks that were assigned by certain courses. For example, I was chosen to lead a group consisting 4-5 friends of mine for developing a Mobile Application project for simulating food delivery services. As a group leader, I had to create a time-bound workaround effectively so the project would finish on time. Fortunately, we received positive response for our works and hoped that we would make it real with future improvements.

Another leadership experience I have is when I became an undersecretary of Academic Welfare Ministry in my Student Association. I was responsible for academic services such as lecture reference repository and tutorial schedule. Tutorial was given to consolidate lecture material that had been obtained, usually scheduled three days before exam. There was a common issue while organizing the tutorial; the participants' number was small. By choosing the right time for tutorial and my capability to influence people, the number was increased and they felt satisfied on tutorial program I have made. They thought that this tutorial program had helped them to achieve better grade in certain courses.

Recently, I am in charge of leading mobile development team on a project under GTS IBM Indonesia. My duty is to develop a mobile-based application for asset and incident management. I work with people who are older and have more skilled and experiences. I use this opportunity to increase my knowledge, experience, and skill. This makes me obtain greater leadership and influence skills.

To sum up, leaders have to be agile and good in making decision. They also need to have great skill to influence people to make them achieve their goals. I believe that my previous and current leadership experience have given positive impact to progress in my professional career. I also hope that Chevening Scholarship will help me to make a great impact to my country, especially in Telecommunication field.
Ipung , due to our one essay per thread policy, the only review I can give you is related to the leadership and influencing essay. If you want advice on the networking essay, you have to post that as a separate thread. Right now, your leadership essay shows disconnected leadership skills and no influencing inference at all. College leadership and influencing references will only be strong and valid if you performed the skills within a task that is related directly to your chosen major. Since your academic leadership and influencing skills do not relate to your profession, it should not be in the essay because it creates a less than average presentation of your leadership and influencing style. It would be best if your develop the whole essay around your work at GTS IBM Indonesia. At least that is something that qualifies as a professional leadership and influencing reference because you are currently on the job. Prove your leadership and influencing skills within the workplace. If possible refer to a project that you were in charge of to create the reference point.

Home / Scholarship / My previous and current leadership experience have given positive impact to progress in my career