The US embassy in Tajikistan published a small grant for the educational summer camp. Here is my project for the grant:
Could you please check my project (about the summer camp for children affected by landmines and other explosives) for the small grant from the US embassy in Tajikistan?
Project Title: THE BASICS OF VITAL FUNCTIONS SAFETY
In 1999-2000, Uzbekistan to protect its territory from terrorists mined the border between itself and Tajikistan. Mined those areas where for centuries people visited each other's homes, herded cattle and engaged in farming, hunting, etc. It should be marked that more than 93% of those affected by mines on the border with Uzbekistan, residents of Tajikistan, people who live in Tajik territory, Sogd region, (74 dead and 79 wounded, total = 153 people). The reason is the lack of schemes of a minefield, no signs warning of mines, there is no wire barriers, ignorance of their rights. All this doesn't contribute to the establishment of good neighborly relations between Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Because of poor living conditions in Tajikistan, assistance to mine victims from the government remains low.
Goal statement of the project:
-Educate children from populated locality, where there is a threat of undermining anti-personnel mines, the basics of vital functions safety, and reduce the danger level of minefields. Enhance the potential of youth participation in civil society, democracy, through the prism of learning their rights.
- To teach children identify minefields.
- To teach children simple computer skills, also teach girls basics of clothing production.
- Organize a contest among children, contest of the best drawing, the best dictation, the best poem, the best essay, which shows the threat posed by landmines
- To organize a meeting for children with sappers professional military unit.
- -Organize a debate between teams, about the effects of minefields and knowing their rights.
- -Organize a game among teams composed of participants to identify places where for example can be laid mines, by knowing their rights.
- -Organize showing scenes of children participating on the problems and dangers of minefields.
- -Organize a night of FAQ with representatives of government agencies, human rights organizations, an expert on Mine Action, persons affected by mines, representatives of social protection, on cleaning mine fields, the human right to life, based on the principle of international humanitarian law, requirement of the Ottawa Convention, familiarization with the types of mines mostly located in Sogd region, how to protect themselves and people around them, the right of a citizen affected by mines for help and support from the government, the active participation of youth in civil society.
- Organize a tour of places of historical attractions in Sogd region.
- To teach children skills how to transfer their knowledge to their peers.
The project is really important for support children from cross-border regions who are at risk of being blown up by landmines. The project educates children living in areas of the risk, to prevent death, injury of mine. The project additionally helps to ensure that children can teach others how to protect themselves from mines.
After the project education of children to the basics of vital functions safety will be continued by teachers, volunteers and members of "The union of peoples affected by landmines and other explosives." The project will reduce social tensions in the border areas, will accelerate the development of good neighborly relations with neighboring states and will give children the opportunity to fully realize the sacred human right, the right to life.
The union of peoples affected by landmines and other explosives has not applied to any funding organizations and will not apply regarding this project.
The union of peoples affected by landmines and other explosives does not have previous experience managing grant funds because the organization was found in December 2010.
The project will positively affect to the education of the basics of vital functions safety for children at risk, educate children human rights, basic rules to reduce the effects of minefields without any additional costs. Strengthen the youth in the protection of their rights; disclose their capabilities to participate actively in a civil society and development of democracy.
Please comment and give me some advice. Thank you so much!