Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

HOW YOUR PROPOSED STUDY RELATES TO: A) DEVELOPMENT ISSUES AT THE GLOBAL.. -Commonwealth Scholarship

fassehmemun10 2 / 2  
Hi. I am writing my development statement for Commonwealth Scholarship. Please leave useful comments for revisions in the essay

How your proposed study relates to:

a) development issues at the global, national and local level?
b) development issues connected to your chosen CSC theme and the wider sector?
(200 words)

"Despite preserving colossal renewable assets, 80% of Pakistan's power generation comes from nonrenewable fuels. Generating energy from fuel-based sources, however, poses its perils. For example, the voluminous industrial pollution from thermal plants has significantly deteriorated the urban air-quality seven times greater than the WHO prescribed levels, causing 22,000 premature deaths and hospitalizing 6.5 million people annually (Asian Development Bank, 2008). The stagnant evolution of renewable technology in Pakistan is partly due to the dire deficiency of the relevant field expertise. The cognizance of these grave issues has motivated me to pursue the renewable energy field as a postgraduate specialization.

It is unlikely that a community can advance in the scientific and technological realm without a well-developed energy infrastructure. For this reason, Pakistan also is actively striving to establish a stable energy foundation that will furnish it with the requisite potential for scientific advancement. Renewable energy promotes the sustainable approach of power production that is non-depleting, clean, and affordable. In addition, renewable power encourages the accelerated progress of energy sector development by solving problems including electricity deprivation, environmental contamination due to industrial exhaust, and predominant reliance on imported fuel to drive power plants."

Home / Scholarship / HOW YOUR PROPOSED STUDY RELATES TO: A) DEVELOPMENT ISSUES AT THE GLOBAL.. -Commonwealth Scholarship