To pursue Master of Marketing, are the University of Manchester, Southampton, and Oxford Brookes

supapatw 2 / 3  

Studying in the UK - Chevening essay

There are many important reasons for study in the United Kingdom universities, so, The top three universities, which I plan to pursue Master of Marketing, are the University of Manchester, University of Southampton, and Oxford Brookes University. Significantly, the reasons I chose those three UK universities mainly because of the universities' reputation. Therefore, I truly believe that earning the master's degree in the United Kingdom will let me embrace new knowledge, skills, and experience that will hone me to thrive my future goals.

Although I graduated Marketing in a bachelor degree, got the honorable awards in the marketing competition of Thailand when I studied as a student and worked in sales and marketing field for four years had responded to traditional trade and modern trade accounts, I believe education was important to achieve in career and life due to it was a fundamental of the knowledge. Moreover, I choose to continue to study in master degree in The United State Kingdom the reason is not only there has notable by people around the globe but it is also acceptable from the businesses that lead me to intend to study in Marketing.

In addition, with the knowledge and skills obtained from the course will enhance my capabilities and handle go over any difficult situation in the future whenever I confront with. From the situation in the presents, information is changed so rapidly that it importantly needs many firms to adapt to suitably new strategies.

Hence, firstly, I have selected Master programme at the University of Manchester because it is the one largest business school and respected from other institution in the United of Kingdom, so, I have a chance to work and use my experience to exchange with other people. Next, secondly, I have also chosen the University of Southampton, it was renowned in the world and included in the Russell group organization which worked together with 24 top UK universities to improve the quality of teaching, to support research, and to build a strong network of business leader. The last one I choose, the Oxford Brookes University, it has famous over 150 years of history and notably in teaching and research, so, that will bring opportunities both in learning and education activities to persevere my long-term goals when I am the graduate.

In conclusion, I believe deeply I will gain a lot of necessary of the knowledge, skills, and experiences that will lead me to achieve my goals as a result of the course. Furthermore, I will share my experiences with others and following enhance business by co-operating between Thailand and the United State of Kingdom to be better.
bnrdhmsnt 4 / 14 5  
Hi supapatw, let me try to give you some suggestion based on suggestion which I've received as I am an Chevening applicant as well.

In my opinion it is better to give a brief explanation of your background study first, as it will give the reviewer a portrayal of your education. Then it is easier to write each of your reason of program study choice in one paragraph. The paragraph should contain the information why did you choose it, but don't overly focused on its' world ranking or its' reputation, but rather write it based on the usefullness of your program study of choice on your career development in the future. In this essay you only focused on the world ranking and university reputation which maybe already known well by the reviewer. Good Luck !
OP supapatw 2 / 3  
@bnrdhmsnt
Thank you so much for your suggestion. ^_^
Supapatw, avoid redundancies in your essay. You mention your interest in specific UK universities twice in the essay. Remove the first reference in the opening paragraph because that is not the place to mention the universities. When you become redundant in your essay, you risk getting your application rejected because too often repeated information without actual discussion development. Your first paragraph should instead be the reference to your academic achievements related to your Marketing degree. That will show the reviewer that you are well prepared theoretically to take on the challenges of any of the course choices you have presented. After that, develop a more comprehensive presentation of your professional experience in a general sense. Describe why your current work achievements or training have best prepared you for the challenges that any of these courses offer. From there, individually discuss the university, the course, and the professional reason behind your choice. That way you can show how the course of study you have chosen relates to your profession and how your profession has given you the foundation for this line of study.

Home / Scholarship / To pursue Master of Marketing, are the University of Manchester, Southampton, and Oxford Brookes