Pursuing a Master's degree in Real Estate Management in the UK; study choice essay

stevekizire 3 / 3  

Study in the UK

Dear members,
Please find below my Study in the UK essay for Chevening scholarship. Any feedback will be welcomed with two hands!

After graduating with BSc. Land Economics in 2013, I decided to pursue a career in property and facilities management. Having worked as an Estates Manager for a major shopping center, I realized that there is need for Property and Facilities Managers to focus on both operational and strategic aspects of managing properties. In the course of my work I appreciated the fact that I was not doing well when it came to strategic facilities management which greatly affected operations at the shopping center that I was managing.

In my current role as a Facilities Officer for a NGO which focuses in driving the community health agenda, am engaged in designing both strategic and operational plans for making sure that all premises serve the needs of the community and the organization in terms of functionality and statutory compliance. As in the previous working environment, still strategic facilities and property management came out strongly as my weakness. I therefore desire to pursue a Master's degree in Real Estate Management that will equip me with skills and competences to effectively design and implement strategies that will lead to sustainable maintenance of the facilities and premises of any organization whether private, NGO or public.

My first course choice is MSc. Real Estate and Property Management at University of Salford, Manchester. The course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) an internationally recognized body that regulates professional conduct of property professionals. Completion of this course will enable me to upgrade my membership from a student member to a professional member. This way I will build my professionalism through attending webinars and CPDs organized by RICS. The Building in Use module of the course has a component of strategic Facilities Management which will introduce me to global FM strategies and their impact on the environment.

MSc. Real Estate Management at University of Portsmouth is my second course choice. The course is also RICS accredited and the university is one of the longest accredited centers. The course module called Construction Technology and Professional practice will enable be learn and research about more environmentally friendly construction technologies which I will use in the course of my work as a Facilities management professional

My third course choice is MSc. Real Estate Management at University of the West of England, Bristol. The university is ranked in Top 40 in the Guardian League Table 2019 and also has a Gold rating in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), with these rankings am sure my career path will be in safe hands if I get a qualification from such an institution. The Master's course is also accredited by RICS which will make my journey to becoming a Chartered Surveyor smooth after completing the course. The course module Sustainability in the Built Environment will equip me with sustainable property maintenance skills.
zaidon 1 / 2  
hi
am confused since if you are trying to focus on your 3 courses then your introduction seems to be very long.
i can see that you relates your courses with your professional and how it enhances your week points which is good.

Home / Scholarship / Pursuing a Master's degree in Real Estate Management in the UK; study choice essay