Scholarship Essay Question!- Reapplying for Scholarship I applied to last year?

SecondChapter99 2 / 4 3  
Writing essay for same scholarship I applied for last year. How do I answer same questions, but make the essay different?? How am I supposed to make it different this year?

I need some help on how to start my Scholarship Essay without repeating last year's. I don't know what they expect to hear to update them in the new scholarship application essay. I have tried looking everywhere for advise, and all I find are scholarship essays of previous winners to help us write one. Not anything that shows you what they want you to write if are applying for this same scholarship application again the following year. It's the same committee so you don't want to use the same one again. You can't just give the same people the same essay. Any ideas?

This took me a lot of work last year, and the essay really does answer all of their questions. But my question is, how do I write the essay, if I am applying this year also? I know that they do follow students sometimes to see how they are doing, and they want an update. I feel that my previous essay answers all of their questions. And even though I know they want an update to what is new, I am still pursuing the same major, and there is nothing new to update other than I am continuing on my studies and I am continuing to be successful. Has anyone been in this situation? I am wondering, if I didn't do anything new besides continuing my studies, what do I write? I can't just rehash the old one? Sigh...
Ulaai 3 / 42 27  
I think you should give them updates of what you've been doing all this time! Show them you're grateful for their help last period (of scholarship). You might also want to emphasize what you've been achieve for the time thanks to their help (or financial aid). After that, you can tell them things you want to do in the future/your plan ahead, so they would know that you have vision and strong motivation to continue learning.

Suggestions: try something like "I have been doing A, B, and C... but I still want to try D and E for the upcoming semester."

Good luck in your essay!

Home / Scholarship / Scholarship Essay Question!- Reapplying for Scholarship I applied to last year?