Questions about writing a scholarship essay

kusanagi1981 3 / 16 1  
Hi everyone. I got into a UK university and they are offering a very good postgraduate scholarship (applicable for all international applicants) which I intend to apply as an international applicant. I do have one/two questions and I would appreciate it very much if some one can help me out a bit. :D

1.I got into the university in my country on a sports quota, as a volleyball player that is.But I topped the classes all through my university life but also achieved highest marks in my department.My question is should I put this "sports quota" thing in my scholarship essay? Is it even relevant? The scholarship is nothing about sports though. I didn't write about it my personal statement.

2. I did write about my inspiration (who inspired me and how) and how passionate/serious I am about this path (teaching) I took. But how much of the essay should it cover? Most of it?

3. I have seen some winning scholarship essay which have titles.I started with a quote which has a good link with my essay. Is title mandatory or something?

Thank you in advance! :)
amanda98387 3 / 7  
I always have a Title to my essays, and my mother-in-law who is also attending college, she does the same. We have both recieved scholarships...what im trying to say is It don't think it would hurt. Better safe then sorry.
unpredictable15 1 / 2  
absolutely the sports quota should be included but not a lot. because it helped you get to the position you are in now and it would be considered an impact/ good affect
OP kusanagi1981 3 / 16 1  
Thanks. I will keep that in mind. :)
hadilp90 1 / 5  
I think you should put about the sport quota on you essay thus the examiner will get the picture of who you are. Most of examiners would like to know who you are.

It is also an important part to write your inspiration so the examiners can idea who you have been motivated, but it does not the main center of the scholarship essay. The main center of scholarship essay is how you going to apply the knowledge that you have gotten to the development of your country/region and how it help on your future career. This is the most important parts. Lastly why you deserve for scholarship.

About the title, it is depend on your scholarship requirement but it is not mandatory. It is a very good idea to use quotation at the begining of your essay as it is a form of attention catcher.
Najah1987 3 / 11  
@ kusanagi1981 I would be happy to say Thank you so much for your great help in my essay, I scored good grade, I just received my score from my school.. it is true when they mentioned that The Biggest Reward is Helping Others in this great forum, this will keep me motivated and more encouraged to keep writing..Thank you again for your time and effort. ^_^

I want to help back, but I don't have any experience about your topic, as I see it is postgraduate essay. Any way, Good Luck
OP kusanagi1981 3 / 16 1  
Scholarship Essay

Hi everyone. I would like to know something about writing a scholarship essays.I am writing a scholarship essay expressing my interest in studying Education. I have recently started sponsoring a 6 year old underprivileged girl through a youth foundation which works to increase literacy among poor children. Should I add this info in an encouraging way such as " My interest in Education has inspired me to help a child to get primary education" etc. Or does it sound like showing off???????

Any advice will help. Thank you.

:)

Home / Scholarship / Questions about writing a scholarship essay