I am ready and really passionate to gain the experience and education offered by UK Master Programs

Eng Phin 6 / 14 6  
Dear friends,
Here I post my essay answer on Chevening "Career Plan" question. Any comments would be very helpful.

Upon completion of Master Study from UK, I will return to Indonesia, work in Bridge Engineering, and apply the knowledge, insights, and experience I have obtained. I am also going to apply to my undergraduate school, Binus University, as a lecturer for the Civil Engineering Degree.

Indonesia is a big and well-developing country. And from now until several years ahead, the government is planning on a rapid development through simultaneous construction of infrastructures, such as bridges and highways in cities and remote areas. This will stimulate economic development by creating job opportunities, and provide better access to remote areas, so people from those areas can have the chance to develop their business.

After graduation, I will resume working in infrastructure-related companies, specifically in engineering consultant for buildings or bridges. The knowledge in Bridge Engineering I obtained from Master Study at UK would be an important element to overcome the challenges in elaborating a sustainable construction, thus enhancing construction qualities. From my work experience and master degree, I would have a better understanding on how to introduce and apply high-technology yet effective solutions that are suitable to infrastructures in Indonesia.

I will also join as a member of HAKI, the Indonesia Construction Expert Association, to build network and share knowledge with Indonesian Engineers all over the country. Knowledges are meant to be shared, so I will take every chance to share my knowledge and projects through seminars, journals, workshops and trainings for Indonesia engineers. And also, by joining University as a lecturer, I can share my experiences and help them to build and develop their capacity, through University Curriculum.

My long term goal is to establish an independent Indonesia engineering institute that will act as a capacity development center for thousands of my Indonesian fellows who are seeking better quality educations. This institution also will provide them global networking that can keep Indonesia engineers updated to engineering advancement in international level. This would boost and motivate Indonesia youth and experts to develop themselves more through research, trainings, regular meetings, and finally create new opportunities for engineering advancement in Indonesia.

I am ready and really passionate to gain the experience and education offered by Master Degree Programs in UK, in order to develop myself even further, and to give my best in serving Indonesia, my beloved country.

Thank you very much.
shahid2483 2 / 6 5  
Dear Phin,

Overall the essay is very well-articulated but there is need to build the relationship of your post study career plan with UK priorities in your country that is not too highlighted. Similarly, there is need to build a significant difference between the immediate career plan and your long term career plan that is reflecting almost the same in your essay. One more thing required to be rightly addressed, there should be a direct relation of the degree attained and post career plan and goals.

Regards,
asmaraj96 9 / 11  
Dear @Eng Phin,

Here some corrections on your career plan essay:

1. And(avoid connector "and" at the beginning of the sentence) From now until ...
2. ... and master degree, I would have a better understanding ...
3. Knowledges are meantKnowledge is to be shared, ... => ("knowledge" is uncountable noun, so the verb must be singular)
4. And also, by joining University as a lecturer, ...

Hope those corrections are benefit for your better essay :)

Home / Scholarship / I am ready and really passionate to gain the experience and education offered by UK Master Programs