I recognized my natural leadership abilities and I always endeavored to improve these skills

blocket 1 / 1  

Chevening's Leadership & Influence Question

Leadership is the art of accomplishing more than the science of management says it possible. During the entire period of my professional activities at the ............ I recognized my natural leadership abilities and I always endeavored to improve my leadership and influence skills in order to influence people around me to act towards achieving my goals.

First of all from the beginning of work in the .........., I showed excellent progress in the social life of the ......... and actively introduce myself as a punctual, sociable, conscientious and friendly member of our community. I may able to say that such bright and memorable examples can be the organization and conduct of calendar holidays such as the New Year, the Novruz holiday and etc. The direct role of my organizational and participation part in these social events at the ......... gave me the high opportunities to developing interpersonal skills and establishing new contacts with different people from different spheres at the beginning of my activities.

It is important to note that social activities played a key role to develop of my leadership potential and assistant for making future goals. Further, my new approach to vision of problems let me the opportunity to be one of the personalities who implemented the salary card system that had not been realized before in our job.

Summing it up can be said that new modern and innovative approaches to solving current issues in the field of social and humanitarian activities at the ....... have played one of the most important role to the development of my leadership qualities.
RU_IS 3 / 12  
I honestly don't think this is an effective essay for Chevening. You have mentioned many things on the pass but never got into the details of what you actually did to make an event of importance happen. It is best to get into the details of something work-related, not organizing festive events at work. The part about implementing the salary card systems seems promising. You may want to write about only that and why you came up with the idea (problem statement), what you did to make it acceptable in the workplace. and what it helped you/company achieve.
Kom, what you have here is the basis of a networking essay. This is not a leadership essay because it mentions activities that requires you to network. You also showcase your abilities that fall more under an individual who knows how to handle other people in order to get what you need, without being a leader. As a follower in this essay, you definitely highlight your networking skills. Put a pin in this an use it as a jump off point for your networking essay.

That said, you need to develop a proper leadership and influencing essay by focusing on either a professional or community activity where you were appointed the leader of a group or team, maybe even an office department towards the completion of an important project or activity. Narrate how you led the team and diffused potentially problematic situations or team altercations. Most importantly, explain how the project was completed and why it benefited from your leadership and influencing skills.

Highlight your leadership skills through example instead of through definition or skills enumeration. This is an essay about showing and proving your abilities rather than claiming and listing what you think those abilities need to be. You have 500 words maximum to use in explaining yourself, use it to your advantage. Don't use shortcuts. Shortcuts in your story imply that you are glossing over something in your essay because it is a shortcoming on your part or you do not really qualify as a candidate and are hoping the reviewer will not notice it.
OP blocket 1 / 1  
@RU_IS
thank you for your feedback I will do my best.

Home / Scholarship / I recognized my natural leadership abilities and I always endeavored to improve these skills