Recruiter for overseas agencies - Chevening Network

rou 1 / -  
Chevening is looking for individuals with strong professional relationship building skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Please explain how you build and maintain relationships in a professional capacity, using clear examples of how you currently do this, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future.

Networking skills

Growing up your network and connections I believe is the key to progress in business (Charity or personal). Network means use all possible channels to create long-term relationships in different levels. Being connected with people will heavy our consideration for different opinions and culture than ours.

At college, I decided to be a member of an activity which organizes events and workshops that push and inspire students to do their best and to not surrender by negative feelings. I become part, that helped me a lot in enhancing my skills I become an extrovert person who knows different people in different fields and industries, I kept on contact with them till I graduated and many till today as well my professors.

Being a recruiter for overseas agencies for more than 6 years required dealing with different people around the world, they could be a candidate or client. Each criteria needed special technique and attitude to deal with. Building up long-term and stable relations plus opening new channels and creating trust only through emails and telephone calls things I gained to do in an excellent way. Till today mainly I'm hiring freelancers and making deals with big institutions in translation and localization field through emails and calls. I became known recruiters among interpreters in Dubai specifically.

Building your relations on respect and desiring to be effective is what exactly I'm seeking to do as a leader of Blood Bank at non-profit organization. I always keep on generating a good relationship between my team and branch managers this is on the internal level. Governmental relations that including (hospitals managers, nursing and doctors staff, representatives from Ministry of Endowments, police officers.. etc) always the most important to handle and maintain, in Egypt it's somehow restricted to held any campaigns even if it's for charity work so that relations are enhancing our progress. After researching I got an idea to make a separate blood bank with more facilities but it needs a lot of effort, knowledge and sponsors national and international that I'm seeking to get.

For my country I still able to give, I'm fully aware that it needs a lot of efforts from us all. Especially for women as a checvener and a recruiter responsible for people management, I will drop more spots on women empowerment and gender equality with men. Also as a Chevener I would achieve many goals at network level, I would integrate more in the UK culture through dealing with students from all over the world and activities, and will reach international organization and get more knowledge about blood bank establishing and proceeding and about women leading.

People be able to reshape and maintain their paths and communities and be more effective through a strong network with a verity of levels and cultures.
Ananta 4 / 8 1  
Rou, Reading you networking essay, I think you have a pretty good network. But, you should show how you could use the network to help you with your professional situation. That's actually the definition of networking. You are not only maintaining your relationship with the network you have but also being able to use it for mutual benefit. and also, You should remove the second paragraph because it's not impressive enough to tell the reviewer about your college moment. Good luck with the essay!
Radwa, the whole essay is soo superficial in representation to make any sort of impression on the Chevening reviewer. It would be better for you to focus the essay on your networking ability as a recruiter for overseas agencies. Explain how you got started in the business, how you built your network, why you needed to build a network, what type of network you created and how the network functions at present. If the network has a clear international base, this will further help to increase the interest in your network. However, the network needs to have a logical function in your profession. You must indicate how you use this network and how vast the coverage is. Convince the reviewer that the network will be beneficial to the Chevening community for some reason. The selling point will be whether or not your recruiter network has an actual use in a specific line of business or profession and whether or not the network will actually have a definite purpose should it become a part of the Chevening community because of your inclusion as a scholar.

Home / Scholarship / Recruiter for overseas agencies - Chevening Network