Reference Letter Chevening Scholarship "Global Health "

womeen15 1 / 1  

Recommendation for the position of Global/Public Health student

Here is an example of reference letter for Chevening written by my supervisor in hospital,please check the structure and content and guide me if it needs any changes.

To,
The British Embassy or High Commission

I am pleased to recommend Miss Fatima former student of XXX College for the position of Global /Public Health student. I believe that Fatima experience of biotechnology and training in basic laboratory skills with an experience of research work carried out independently will compliment her role as a Public/Global health specialist.

She was enrolled in Juy 2015 as a Trainee in XXXXX Center Laboratory under my supervision to learn basic laboratory skills. Fatima was the only trainee I had selected from non medical group because of her extreme liking and interest for the training. She was later progressed into the role of a researcher in Microbiology dept Combined Military Hospital from a trainee position in September 2015 to August 2016. Her research work duties included writing of a synopsis, interaction with patients, interviews with patients as per requirement of research work and exceptional services like controlling and managing patients in Out Patient department, following up on patients concerns, highlighting their demands, and delivering tests results /reports. Not only did Fatima met these requirements of the research work, her professionalism and interpersonal skills allowed her to cultivate a strong team environment and gained the respect of her peers, seniors and lab technologists. She was eager to succeed and found ways to improve her work.

To conclude, I have been very happy with her performance first as a trainee and later as a dedicated research worker. I would not hesitate to recommend her for the programme. I believe her experience in dealing with research programme, her knowledge of laboratory practices, and her ability to communicate effectively makes her a strong candidate for the position of Global health specialist. If you have any questions or concerns regarding her performance, please contact me directly at ****************@yahoo.
Fatima, there are a number of missing and wrong information in this essay. The first thing you have to fix in the presentation is the description of who is writing the essay. We need him to introduce himself as a person of authority to the reviewer. So indicate the title, position, and company or university that the person is connected with. After that, he must indicate the actual length of time that he was in direct contact with you as your supervisor. He cannot indicate only a starting date for your interaction. Name the actual hospital that you were interning at as a researcher as well. All of these will be information that the reviewer will want to verify in order to support your application.

The opinion that this recommender has of you is based on rank and file duties of an office worker. It is not focused on his observations of you as a researcher. It would be better for your essay if you remove your office work duties and instead, focus his comments on your exceptional abilities as a researcher, how this impressed him, and why he believes this will make you an asset as a masters degree student. It would also strengthen your application if he can mention instances when you actually helped to perform a task that was thought to be beyond your abilities or expertise. This will prove that you have the foundation to handle the requirements of your chosen masters course and that you have the ability to perform splendidly under pressure. Don't forget to have him mention any exceptional accomplishments you had under his supervision as well.

Aside from these corrections, I don't see anything else to revise within the letter. I wish you the best of luck with your application.
OP womeen15 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for your response,i will ask my supervisor to make these changes.

Home / Scholarship / Reference Letter Chevening Scholarship "Global Health "