Essay regarding internship, asked "Give career goals"

sydsyd58 1 / 2  
Career Goals

If I would've been asked my freshmen year "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" the answer would have been completely different then the one I would now provide. With my past involvement in the University of Arkansas Ecology lab and current involvement in the University's Water Quality lab, my eyes have been opened up to a career field that I never knew existed. Having always known I did want to pursue a career in in sciences, after evaluating my personal interests and passions I have decided that a career in Environmental Sciences is for me.

In my short-term career goals, first plan to pursue being accepted in to a graduate program in an environmental field, preferably concerning conservation ecology. Graduate school is great time to learn the specifics of a field, gain personal insight and knowledge.

A few long-term goals include obtaining a job in the manner with Environmental Quality or Game and Fish. I am drawn to agencies that are focused on protecting and maintaining the world we live in. Being able to help shape public policies and participate in community outreach program that help educate the public on how they are able to contribute to helping maintain the environment they live in would be very rewarding and make for interesting work.

Additionally, Environmental consulting would be a great field to get involved with. I like that it is more hands on with businesses, helping them come up with innovative ways to leave less of a carbon footprint.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
If I would've been asked the question,my freshmen year "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" in my freshmen year,then my answer would have been completely different thenthan the one I would now provide. With my past involvement inMy past experience with the University of Arkansas Ecology lab and current involvement inthe University'swith its Water Quality lab, my eyes have been opened up toI now look forward to doing a career field that I never knew existed.about its existence.
OP sydsyd58 1 / 2  
Thank you!!

Home / Scholarship / Essay regarding internship, asked "Give career goals"