About Reginald Spain, describe your academic or career goals.

t1292 11 / 21  
Reginald Spaine hasn't had it easy we joke that he belongs on the series GoodTimes because it seems he always 'keeps his head above water' no mater how many odd's are stacked against him. He is my motivation to succeed, my rock when I fail and the star of my pipe dream. My ultimate career goal is to someday write my very own novel one that stars a hard-working man who travels from Sierra-Leone, to Russia, to England and to America with the burden and responsibility of ill or improvised family members on his shoulders all the while keeping a smile on his face. See if you met my father you wouldn't know that his life has been a constant uphill battle or that he lost so many loved one's in the most violent ways. Perhaps its because he is strong or because he's put all that behind him and put all his hopes and dreams into his daughter who will begin perusing an English and possibly political sciences degree from the University Of Maryland. See if you met him you would know that, he boast and brags about me all the time (you'd probably know my SAT score too). He is very proud that I managed to make it here and its eating him up inside that due to his array of obligations for his family here and back in Sierra Leone he does not have much money to support me in my endeavors.

250 WORDS
Does it stray to far from the topic because there was also an option TOPIC of Your Choice so I can still use it if so.
Reginald Spaine hasn't had it easy. We j oke that he my father belongs on the series GoodTimes because it seems he always 'keeps his head above water' no mater how many the odds are stacked against him. He is my motivation to succeed, my rock when I fail and the star of my pipe dream. (This part must make your father feel very proud.) My ultimate career goal is to someday write my very own a novel -- one that stars a hard-working man who travels from Sierra-Leone to Russia, to England and to America with ...

Perhaps he perseveres because he is strong or because he's put all that behind him and put all his hopes and dreams into his daughter ...

Three important ideas for you:
Separate this into 3 paragraphs. Don't write "my very own." It's important to add more about your career goals.

Yes, I think you do stray from the topic. You can make your dad the theme of the essay, but be sure to explain your detailed plans. Take out the word possibly, because it makes you sound unsure of your ideas. Be bold! :-)
OP t1292 11 / 21  
Thank you I dont think I can make it three paragraphs though because of the 250 words limit.

Home / Scholarship / About Reginald Spain, describe your academic or career goals.