For me to say, "I am interested in art" is not enough to express my true feelings about this subject

Celestial123 1 / -  
What interests you about art and design? What are your future goals and how do you anticipate that this program will help you reach your goals?

For me to say, "I am interested in art" is not enough to express my true feelings about the subject of art. I have loved art for as long as I can remember, and when my art teacher brought up the Parsons Scholars program, I jumped at the first chance I got. I want to go to the scholars program, because I hear it is a really good program for preparing for college and learning many new things, therefore expanding my knowledge of art. I want to try my hand at Cartooning, Toy Design, Digital Media Art, Illustration, Graphic Design, and Fine Arts I (Drawing) and Fine Arts II (Drawing/Painting). I can't really decide what I would like to take here, because this school has many courses, but the ones I want to take are more along the lines of art in both traditional and digital art, and maybe even designing my own product or video game.

I understand that this is a good school and I have to have great attendance to go there, I also know that if I am willing to give up my Saturdays to go to Parsons, they will help me reach my goals of further enhancing my talent in other fields. I am glad that it is a two-year program and not a 2 week program or something like that, because I will get a lot of help and also time to try new fields or courses over there. I could get a lot of help from Parsons because they have many chances for me to get a scholarship to a college I would like to go to

I am also glad that this school gives college credits, because I can bring it to a college that I would like to go to. This program may possibly set me up for a career in the arts and help me get an art major. I believe Parsons will help me do what I have to do, so that I will be a college-ready student and prepared for what is to come for my future.
What interests you about Art and Design? You talk a lot about wanting to learn to do certain forms of art but you are not telling us if you have the foundation for this type of program. What have you done in the past related to the Arts that would make the admissions officer think that you are qualified to attend such a s specialized program? Why are you interested in art? Is it the ability to show emotions through the use of lines and curves? Thea way that Art depicts life in such a way that one can understand what it happening through a mere scene without any words to describe what is happening? These are considerations that will directly answer that question. Your first statement does not answer that prompt.

The prompt also asks you to let the reader know about your future plans after attending Parsons. They want to know if you have ambitions for the future and most specially, they need to know precisely how Parsons can help you achieve that goal. Again, there is nothing in your essay that answers that portion. A good answer would be to tell them if you plan on becoming a cartoonist for Pixar or Disney in the future then go on to explain about something so unique to the school teaching method that only a Parsons student can bring to these companies. That is the kind of answer that they are looking for.

Your essay definitely needs to be rewritten with nothing of this original work being left behind. No part of this can be used in the proper answering of both questions posed by the prompt. Post the revised essay here so that we can help you out some more :-)

Home / Scholarship / For me to say, "I am interested in art" is not enough to express my true feelings about this subject