Scholarschip. It would be an honor for me and my family to become a part of this fantastic journey.

acano98 1 / -  
Instructions :A personal essay, in English describing your family background, your personal and professional goals, and plans upon graduation.

My name is Leonardo Hernandez. I am a 16 year old student from La Ceiba, Honduras, and have been raised here my whole life. My class will be Rainbow of Wisdom School's second graduate generation. I am currently enrolled at Rainbow of Wisdom School and I have been here since Pre-School. Since my kinder years I have always gotten good grades and liked to have them. I strive to be a better student every day so I can achieve my goals and make my mom proud. For my sixth grade graduation my good work paid off; I won the silver medal. Performing with good academics, ethical values and responsibility has always been one of my main goals, but in order for me to receive an excellent professional preparation like the one you offer, I would require for financial aid due to my family's economic status.

Throughout the years, I have participated in many events and won several awards. I have been part of the school's basketball, soccer, volleyball team, school's good deeds club, and STUCO. I participated in the National Math Olympics and won the "Excellent" category award. I also won first place in the school's Science Fair. I have also participated in brigades at the Vicente D'Antoni hospital. I had the honor to be the master of ceremony of Row's first graduate generation. I also participated and won second place in the school's talent show.

My family is composed of three: my mom, my sister, and me. My mom is a single, hard working woman. She is a professional nurse and has always found a way to provide for my sister and me. Since I was very young she has always told me the following: "I would love for you to achieve your goals and overcome any situation triumphantly." That is why I work hard for my grades. It is a way to pay her for all her hard work and dedication towards us.

Getting a scholarship would be one of the best things that could ever happen to me and my family. It would help my mom economically and I feel it is a great privilege to be a Walton scholar and earn a United States degree. Another goal is to make my city and country a better place. When I become an engineer, I will try my best to make machines better and easier to work with. With my knowledge, I would try to make everything easier in many industries and try to learn even more and put in practice what I learn every day. I would like to study computer engineering because I believe that is my passion. I find the fact that I can make things better with my creations interesting and exciting. I have always liked these kind of topics and creating new things. I would really enjoy studying this career, and would try my best to finish it the best way possible. When I graduate, I will search for a job or create a company in which I can start making a change. I will work to keep my country moving forward. This way, I would pay off for everything my family has done for me. I hope I can be someone important in my country or internationally. I will try to create many inventions that can be used for good and inspire others to do the same.

This scholarship would be a great opportunity and a huge step in my life. It would be a great experience and would help me see everything from a different perspective. It would be an honor for me and my family to become a part of this fantastic journey.
anonymous2014 2 / 2  
Performing with good academics, ethical values and responsibility has always been one of my main goals, but in order for me to receive an excellent professional preparation like the one you offer, I would... The you makes it sounds unprofessional; instead, you might want to try placing the company/scholarship name.

With my knowledge, I would try to make everything easier in many industries and try to learn even more and put in practice what I learn every day. I would like to study computer engineering because I believe that is my passion. I would get rid of "believe" because it makes the essay have a lack of confidence.

Overall, I feel that your essay is every inspiring and passionate. You also did a great job of answering all parts of the prompt.

Home / Scholarship / Scholarschip. It would be an honor for me and my family to become a part of this fantastic journey.