School - healthy lifestyle is a big plus for me

jaduran 1 / -  
these are my two starting paragraphs. Which one is better??

Why is a healthy lifestyle important in school?

In school I see different types of food and cultures. Many students bring their own food while others just don't mind getting cafeteria food. Some students just eat something different every class period, whatever the case may be, I always find that one student making the better decision in their eating habits.

Staying young is everyone's dream, but getting there is where one's dedication comes to play. In order to live longer and healthier we might begin as early as possible. My mother always taught me to eat my fruits and veggies. Telling me that these foods will get me somewhere in life, and every since then healthy lifestyle is a big plus for me.
freezard7734 17 / 209  
In my opinion, I think the first is better - but it all depends on your thesis. If you want to talk about how healthy lifestyles is paramount to youth, then the second one would be the way to go. However, if you want to broaden the essay to the variety of benefits of healthy choices, I would use the first one and elaborate on it.
Many students bring their own food, while others just don't mind getting cafeteria food. ---I added a comma.

Some students just eat something different every class period, whatever the case may be. I always find that some students are making the better decision in their eating habits than others.

Staying young is everyone's dream, but getting there achieving this goal is where one's dedication comes to play.

She told me that these foods would get me somewhere in life, and ever since then my healthy lifestyle has been a big plus for me.

Home / Scholarship / School - healthy lifestyle is a big plus for me