More than just school or studying - Global UGRAD Program

Omar_E 1 / -  

Success is no accident

"Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, and sacrifice." -Pelé. I have the same amount of faith in this assertion as I do in myself. So I'm working hard to achieve success. Since I was 14, I have had a computer obsession, so I chose to study Python (a programming language). Since that time, I have grown to love computers. I finished working arduously to accomplish my first objective: becoming a computer science student. For me, achieving my goal wasn't all that difficult. When I started at my university, I decided to pursue a far larger aim, which is to become a leader in the field of computers. I took clear, obvious steps toward my goal. In my first year of college, I started learning C++ (a programming language) and completed an internship at Mansour Automotive Group, one of the biggest automotive institutions in Egypt. I knew that passion is inextricably linked to the community. Unfortunately, the community in my college wasn't as expected. Most of my colleagues were despaired and depressed. It had a negative impact on me as my GPA significantly dropped. I decided to switch colleges right away because I can't achieve my goals at this one. In my new college, I found a better environment and ambitious colleagues. I even participated in many events (dev fest -google cloud next extended -red hat event ). I also joined the Google Developer Students Club(GDSC CIC) and Piece Of Code Club in which I'm learning back-end development. I organized many events inside the campus. Besides learning C++ and my willingness to win the ICPC (The International Collegiate Programming Contest), I completed an internship at National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Science in Data Mining for Space Applications where I learned the fundamentals of data mining, completed a project on gathering information and finding the best algorithm to handle it. When an opportunity arises, I feel like a compressed spring ready to unleash its power. If I had the opportunity to study in the US, I will unleash that power to learn as much as I can from knowledgeable lecturers and communities, and participate as much as I could in any event or student activity. I will spread my knowledge not only in my university or country yet I'm going to spread it over the world by making online and on-ground sessions summarising all my knowledge and experiences. Those sessions will be completely free so that anyone can access them. My learning progress won't stop after taking the scholarship, I am going to continue my progress till winning the ICPC competition first then to be as good as possible in the computer field.

I believe that life is more than just school or studying. therefore I, engaged in a lot of activities away from campus. I volunteered at Resala Charity Organization. I am the leader of the Annual feast celebrations organizing. I also volunteered to plant around 70 trees in our neighbourhood. I am more organized and socially confident as a result of these activities.

(I almost finished it but Im running out of time please help me )
The screener will not pay attention to the information in this essay as it does not pertain to community leadership as requires by the prompt. This is an academic accomplishment essay which runs counter to the necessary information. The reviewer will be unable to assess your qualifications as needed because the writer did not address it properly. The community involvement and leadership qualities in relation to community development is not addressed by the applicant.

While he did touch on such discussion points at the end of the presentation not enough data was provided to prove leadership and community influencing activities on the part of the candidate. He should use only the last part of the essay in relation to the revision as those are the relevant reference points. It will be best for him to write a revised essay that touches on both academic and community leadership in equal amounts. The academic leadership presentation should be improved to focus only on that aspect.

Home / Scholarship / More than just school or studying - Global UGRAD Program