"I never let my schooling interfere with my education"; I want to be a teacher at a secondary school

hellothere 1 / -  
This is for the Korean government scholarship where I choose three universities to apply for so no university mentioned :) Thanks in advance for your corrections!

o Your course of life, your view of life, study background, your hopes & wishes, etc
o Your education and work experience, etc., in relation to the KGSP program
o Your motivations for applying for this program
o Reason for study in Korea

[..]
btrfly7 - / 15 6  

There is a popular quote by Mark Twain found here and there in the motivational quotes lists: "I never let my schooling interfere with my education". Every time I come across it I find it hardly motivational but mostly making me passionately disagree with the great author. Such words might be true for the 19th century when schooling was mostly based on learning everything by heart but for nowadays I barely see any chances for a person to become educated without a decent portion of well-done schooling.

Fortunately mine was like that - my interest towards history flourished with much help from school teachers and people working on organizing school competitions in Russia in which I successfully took part, then it got cemented while studying in the Department of History of Moscow State University. The process of studying, which I believe to be life-long, fascinated me to the point where I developed a huge passion towards the sphere itself -- from the day-to-day teaching work to the complicated theories. The result of it was my decision to dedicate my graduation thesis to the reforms concerning the introduction of secondary education for all in Great Britain. Working on that theme brought me to think about how academic elitism influenced the lives of people in different countries and how important is increasing the general level of education in the society isfor turning it totowardsthe democracy and tolerance.

Willing to makeMy desire to make our society better lead me to the decision to make an attempt in being to become a teacher at a secondary school myself. Although as Anthony Crosland, one of the British Secretaries of Board of Education, said: "What one generation sees as a luxury, the next one sees as a necessity". I could not agree more with it seeing as for my parents even a basic knowledge of foreign language was a privilege when for me being fluent in English is an indispensable part of everyday life. Same goes for the gap between me and my pupils. It is easy for them to look almost everything up in the Internet, . They sometimes doubt if they need a teacher at all and try to make you feel incompetent, saying that everything the school gives to them is outdated. So making them respectful and motivated is surely one uneasy task, but the challenge always made it more interesting for me.

That's why after gaining a profound knowledge of Western, Russian and Asian history and then gaining some practical teaching experience, I realized it is also important to broaden my knowledge on the methods of education. The pedagogics courses in the university were unfortunately short on time so I chose to pursue a Master's degree totally focused on it. That could give me a chance to develop my leadership skills which are so important for an educator who wishes to motivate his pupils,It expanded my ability to put educational theories into practice and my ability to conduct the educative research.

And after a couple of years learning Korean language and getting to know more about Korea, I have a solid belief that it beingbecause it is a country where the traditional respect to education meets the usage of modern technologies in the process of studying, it would be the best place to obtain that degree. Despite all the obstacles of the 20th century, the Republic of Korea managed to become a part of the Great 20 and create a top-class educational system, forming natural leaders and respectful citizens loyal to democratic values. Learning how to teach and motivate in the country where the surrounding ambiance itself makes you motivated would greatly help me to achieve my goals in becoming an all-rounded educational specialist.

**Hello, "hellothere": Your scholarship essay is in point. Your examples are clear so here I have broken them up into paragragraphs, okay. Just remember to hit the indent tab n the first line of each paragraph on your final submission copy. With the few suggestions for corrections I make here with regard to some punctuation and syntax, you this is almost ready to go. Good going!

Home / Scholarship / "I never let my schooling interfere with my education"; I want to be a teacher at a secondary school