'Science, the nature and its essence' - cancer studies research interests

sarakarim 1 / 1  
Please anyone can assist me in writing a research interests for cancer studies .

here is the first draft .. and not completed yet . please need a urgent help and deadline is 17nov.

Science, the nature and its essence, and the deep mysteries have always enchanted me. It is my overwhelming desire to contribute to the fascinating field of cancer studies and help advance the knowledge in this field. After doing Masters in Toxicology I decided to take a break from academia in order to get better grasp of research and skills required for long term working in the laboratory, therefore since March 2011 I am volunteering in the institute of biomedical research in the Birmingham University to improve my experience and skills in this particular field.

The reason I chose to apply for the cancer studies is my background as a toxicologist and my experience in some secondly having a family member who had to deal with cancer, I learned a lot about the disease and I think that the molecular workings of cancer and tumour development would give a depth of knowledge and understanding which I am particularly interested in.

Living in a milieu where people prefer lucrative careers over research, I battled the strong peer pressure to preserve the light of research from dying down. I find the program at your prestigious institution catering dearly to my needs. With the state of art technology you offer and my creative and determined bent for research, I believe that I can shine as another jewel at your palace and give a new dimension to my career. All that I need is an opportunity and an opening.

Apart from science I find comfort being fit and healthy. I love to play badminton with my friends and go to the gym. I also read books especially science fictions and biographies in my spare time.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
At the end you could tie in your love of exercise. If you add that you are very enthusiastic about your own health and longevity. Also, the healthier you are, the less risk of cancer, which relates to your studies. Excellent job in pointing out that you have strong convictions when choosing a career- and that you are driven by morals more than money. Remember, the reader (college, etc.) wants to know that you are a "person with a plan" Emphasize your short-term and long-term goals ( you have begun to do this well in this paper) I like that your personality shows through your essay. nice writing!
OP sarakarim 1 / 1  
thanks for your reply... actually my first draft was such as mess ... i can see so many mistakes but anyawys i have managed to submit the application which is something like this

Science, the nature and its essence, and the deep mysteries have always captivated me. It is my overwhelming desire to contribute to the fascinating field of cancer studies and help advance the knowledge in the field. After doing a Masters in Toxicology, I decided to take a break from academia in order to get experience in a wider range of skills and techniques required for the research, therefore since March 2011 I have been volunteering in the Institute of Biomedical Research at The University of Birmingham.

My biggest dream is to increase knowledge about cancer and contribute to shed some light on tumour development. Understanding the causes of cancer and being able to analyse the nature of the tumour is one of the things that I am most interested in. I am sincerely convinced that my skills and motivation can extremely useful for the treatment of cancer patients through scientific research. Applying theory to find new ways to approach a problem and derive a solution that produces worthwhile data is one of the most inspiring things a researcher can experience, and I would be very happy to share this joy with your institution.

Living in milieu where people prefer lucrative career over research, I battled the peer pressure to preserve the light of research from dying down. With the state of art technology you offer and my creativity and passion about cancer studies, I believe that my ability to work independently and within the group will give a new dimension to my career. In future I hope to take up a postdoctoral position and eventually become a PI where I will have the opportunities to develop my own studies and share ideas. After learning about the research interest of the faculty in London Research Institute, I am convinced that LRI would be an ideal place for me to pursue my PhD.

With my interdisciplinary background, independent thinking, and enthusiasm, I am confident that I will be able to contribute to my group as well as to the research community, on the whole.

Home / Scholarship / 'Science, the nature and its essence' - cancer studies research interests