Scholarship essay about where I would see myself in future if I had the chance to time travel

samiiimarie 1 / -  
Essay prompt: If you had the chance to travel to any time period (past or future), what time period would you travel to and why?

If I had the chance to travel to a specific time period, I would choose to travel into the future. I am the type of person that thinks about the future and I have always wondered what is in store for me. Therefore, I would travel ten years from now when I will be settled into my life and beginning to think about starting a family. This would be two years after I have graduated from veterinarian school and when I am twenty-eight years old. It appears that I have found a job after graduate school at a veterinarian hospital in a wonderful community. I am happy doing what I love and do not mind putting in the extra hours. I already have many successful surgeries under my belt and even saved a couple of lives, but it was not easy getting here.

My first four years at The University of Kentucky were a wake up call for many reasons. I realized early on in my college career just how challenging my classes were and what I needed to do to meet the goals of my pre-professional degree. I have always aspired to be a veterinarian and thankfully did many things during my high school years to help me gain experience and prepare for college. I not only shadowed vets but I was also able to watch surgeries at the local animal hospital. Then, I was selected to participate in a venturing program at another hospital for high school students interested in becoming a veterinarian. I also volunteered at a rescue center in my free time and took on pet-sitting when the opportunity presented itself. I continued doing these type of things during my undergraduate years and never let my challenging classes prevent me from what I have always wanted to be. I literally spent years laying the groundwork to reaching my dreams and getting accepted into vet school was at the very top of my list.

My hard work eventually paid off and I was accepted into vet school. I was proud that I had conquered my undergrad program but I was also smart enough to know that these next four years were going to be even more demanding than my first four. With that in mind, I carved out all of the necessary time to focus on my studies and turned to my professors whenever I needed additional help. Needless to say, I was very excited to start hands-on activities and learn more about the different aspects in the daily life of a veterinarian. I was a sponge in gaining knowledge while in vet school and loved that I knew I made the right decision on pursuing this career. When I was eighteen I knew that it was important to prepare for my future but I had no idea how it would pave the way to such an incredible life. I was living my dream and could not imagine doing anything else.
Sami, you need to discuss this essay from the point of view of wishing to discover who or what you will be in the next ten years. Don't tell the story from the point of how you achieved the status you hope to have by that time. Instead, discuss it in a manner that shows your career and personal expectations for yourself. At this point, you will not know how you achieved from successes, just that you hope to achieve those things within 10 years from your graduation. Think of writing this essay in a similar manner to the movie "Meet the Robinsons" where the child met his future self and was amazed by how much he had achieved, without really understanding how he achieved those things. This essay is all about your vision of yourself in the future. Just be sure to paint a clear picture of where you see yourself in ten years. Explain, based upon your current understanding and opinion of yourself and your academic capacity, why you view these achievements as something important to you. That is all the essay asks you to explain. You don't need to delve into explaining how you accomplished those things. What matters the most is that in your current mindset, you did achieve those successes in life.

Home / Scholarship / Scholarship essay about where I would see myself in future if I had the chance to time travel