Self-introduction for fashion but I graduated from different field.

jewjewmabushii 2 / 5 2  

Showing myself from the best side - scholarship perspective

HI
As you may know, this is the period for applying KGSP program. I will be applying for fashion marketing major for this KGSP scholarship.
I would like to ask you for some idea to write the self-introduction letter.
My education background is graduated in Japanese major. I am working for some famous sportswear company as apparel product developer.

Could anyone give me some idea for to sell myself ? My idea now as follows.

-my bachelor degree background, why I chose Japanese major
-my passion to study korean and what I interested in Korea/Korean language
-my work experiences.
-explain why my current jobs make me want to learn more about fashion and how I see the important of marketing
-why I choose this university & KGSP
-closing paragraph maybe my goal after graduated

I would like to set up idea before start writing. If you guys have suggestions please let know. What I should cut off, What I should add on for more interesting.

Thank you so much !
haiuk - / 2 1  
Prapasiri Machamee, I think you should put my passion to study Korean and what I interested in Korea/Korean language in the opening passage. Are there any links between the reason you chose Japanese major with your passion to study Korean. Otherwise, remove it.
Prapisiri, you will need to explain your academic background in the essay in more than the usual manner because you majored in Japanese but then ended up working in a different field. The explanation will have to show a logical progression that led you to the current career that you have. Use about 2 paragraphs to explain that. The first paragraph deals with your reasons for studying Japanese. Then use a transition sentence to introduce the career that you eventually ended up in. The rest of your discussion plan falls within the parameters of the essay prompts. So I am more confident than usual that you will be able to pull off explaining how you started in languages, then ended up in fashion. We should be able to get a better idea as to how to perfect your essay once you develop your draft copy. Right now, I offer you some guidelines as to how you should discuss a pivotal part of the essay. Things should fall into place once I see your draft letter. Don't forget, post the letter in a new thread. This thread is just for the discussion of the content of your essay. Don't post the letter here.
OP jewjewmabushii 2 / 5 2  
Hi @haiuk

Thanks for your suggestion !
I will visit you essay as well.
OP jewjewmabushii 2 / 5 2  
Hello @Holt.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
I just amended some part as follows.

1. my bachelor degree background and How I came into fashion field ( I am working for Japanese brand)
2. explain why my current jobs make me want to learn more about fashion.
3. how I see the important of fashion marketing
4. Why I am interest in Korea/Korean language ( Should I compare other countries marketing & Korea ?) +why I choose this university & KGSP
5. closing paragraph maybe my goal after graduated.

Anyway, I am starting to make the draft copy right now and post in a new thread soon !!

Thank you so much.
In number 3, make a reference to the way that Korea is a leading fashion powerhouse in the Asian region and that is one of the reasons why you feel compelled to study fashion merchandising in Korea. Say something about how it would be best to learn the advanced levels from the leader in the field in the region. That is something that should connect with your discussion in paragraph 4. However, try not to discuss the Korean language since you do not have any formal training in that aspect. Concentrate on the fashion connection instead. It will be a bad idea to compare marketing in other countries to Korea. Don't do that. Just focus on the positive aspect of marketing as you can learn it from the Koreans. The KGSP self introduction letter is very Korea centered so don't muddle the discussion with the presentation of other countries. Change your concluding statement. The KGSP essays have a specific post study goal essay that you will be responding to so don't say anything in the conclusion that will force you to repeat information in the post study goal specific essay.
OP jewjewmabushii 2 / 5 2  
Thanks a lot.

I gained more ideas for my self-introduction letter.
Thanks for suggested me frankly. It really help me.

I will take time for the essay and come back in the new thread.

Thank you again.

Home / Scholarship / Self-introduction for fashion but I graduated from different field.