Self-Introduction for my Korean Government Scholarship Program

masatoon 1 / 1  
Hi everyone I've tried to write and create on my own style as much as possible but I'm just a beginner.
so some structures in my essay may follow from someone's structure.
I think it's a bit babbling if you think which paragraph or sentences shouldn't be written please tell me.
I'm pleased to be given some advices and thanks a lot for your correction.

o Your course of life, your view of life, study background, your hopes & wishes, etc
o Your education and work experience, etc., in relation to major field
o Your motivations for applying for this program
o Reason for study in Korea

When I was in high school, I had to live on my own because it was a boarding school which every students had to live, study, play, eat as well as sleep in the school. So, I managed to do almost everything myself such as my laundry and house keeping. At the beginning of high school life, I was eleven years old and had to adjust myself to get along with others who came from many different cultures and backgrounds. I got a chance to be the head of 1st year students in my dorm by being selected by my friends and other seniors under the same roof. I positively thought that it was due to my friendly nature, people skill, good communicator and somehow by my natural habit. Located in green area, my school was a bit far away from the downtown with many rigorous rules and regulations and thus the students could not go out and take any extra tutorial classes after finishing school except in summer period. In order to get accepted into the university we had to study hard and do self-learning as well as arranged small tutorial classes to help each other. In that case, I were assigned to be a mathematics subject tutor which made me figure out that not only like mathematics but I also love teaching and watching people understand while explaining. From that time on, I took interest in becoming a mathematics department students and tried to work hard on mathematics subject and the others. In 2010, all my hard works finally paid off so that I passed the admission test and qualified to study in department of mathematics and computer science which meant that I took another big step pursuing my dream.

In department of mathematics and computer science, I have focused on applied mathematics by choosing to study statistics and probability field, operation research, linear programming theory and other subjects as elective subjects which can be looked up in an attached transcript. I have also taken some courses from other faculties that use various kind of mathematical models to implement, for instance, personal finance, intro economics, and microeconomic theory which influenced me to make a decision of studying master's degree in economics or involved field. I did my senior project (Final year project) on "Simplex method with the objective direction jump" with a group of three members in which I was made the group leader. Simplex method, one of the popular method for solving linear programming problems, has been developed for centuries and it proceeds by applying iterative algorithm and performing pivot rules which suggested by many people who are expertise in applied mathematics or involved fields. Our senior project objective are to increase efficiency of the simplex algorithm for some simulated problems compared to the simplex algorithm with Dantzig's rules (One of the suggested pivot rules) - in other words, we would like to reduce the number of iterative algorithm that required to improve the current basic feasible solution to the optimal solution and to use software Sage to write the programming code for implementing Simplex method with the objective direction jump and simplex method with Dantzig's rules. My senior project passed to the final round of The Hitachi Trophy (Sciences forum in faculty of sciences, Chulalongkorn university) and the competition is not over yet while applying to 2014 Korean Government Scholarship Program.

Throughout several experiences that I have faced they enable me to realize that the more experiences, the more success in knowing myself and the more knowing myself, the more finding myself. I only knew that I love mathematics when I was in high school then I found that I actually love applied mathematics when I started to study in university and finally I discovered that I prefer to study in mathematical economics or other involved fields that use implementation of mathematical models.

Within March, 2014 I will complete my undergraduate studies from the department of Mathematics and Computer Science, faculty of Sciences, Chulalongkorn university and my recently updated GPA is 3.37 out of 4.00 which is converted to be 88 points out of 100 points in accordance with the GPA conversion table.

I believe that having an opportunity to study in one of the top ten most competitive economies in Asia - Pacific like South Korea would provide me more than a diploma. It would provide me a credible advantage for my future career as an analysis specialist, furthermore it would offer a great topic for conducting research and also inspire me to continue my studies in the doctoral degree.

I hopefully think that having the possibility of studying, conducting a research as well as working in such a country that is one of the world's best educations, full of histories, with many beautiful traditions and delicate cultures like South Korea, it will be beneficial in future and help shape me professionally and spiritually as well as enrich my intellect and personality.
When I was in high school, I had to live on my own because it was a boarding school which every students had to live, study, play, eat as well as sleep in the school.

.... In a boarding school, it is too obvious that children study, play , eat and sleep in the school. You should give some idea that has more meaning;

When I was in high school, I was compelled to be responsible about myself because I was boarded in a boarding school which was a far away from where my family lived.

At the beginning of high school life, I was, being an eleven yearsyear old, I and had to adjust myself to get along with others who came from many different cultures and backgrounds.

Home / Scholarship / Self-Introduction for my Korean Government Scholarship Program