Sense of humor is very helpful in my life - NTU Scholarship Essay on values and beliefs

shadowfiend 1 / -  
Please help me with my essay. For NTU Singapore Scholarship

> Describe, in less than 300 words, the values and beliefs you hold strongly to. Please provide examples of how you have demonstrated these in your actions.

When I was in elementary school, I'm not such a happy child. My friends said I don't have to always be serious. As I grow up, I realize that sense of humor is important. I used to always be serious toward something, why is it could happen like this or why not like this, which was not always good, not everyone accepts that. So they admonished me. But now, I've learned to be more laugh and not too serious. Once we failed an exam, and we told ourselves that God didn't see us because on vacation these days. We did not feel frustrated, and we succeeded the third time. I can see the funny side, and I never make the mistake of taking myself too seriously. It is helpful for me to keep self-confident, because the more I can see and laughed, the greater the sense of happy it was implanted, and allows me to see things more positively. Sense of humor but in clever way. That is the values I strongly hold to now.

Sense of humor makes me easily adapt with others and have a good relationship with people surrounding them. If I talk with people and get serious, I often to make a joke and laugh together. It make our solidarity closer. That people mostly helped me a lot when I face problem. Then I believe that we are inclined to talk and cooperate with humorous people. And now my friends said that I look happy, in fact, I have problems.

I love meeting new people with different culture and adapt with them and learning various thing. Which is my motivation to study at NTU. And I'm sure it'll be enlarge my view of the world.

Is it good ? please tell me if there's any grammar error. Thanks ! :D
Robby, having a sense of humor and valuing it is not the same as having a personal sense of values that you would like to uphold. When the prompt asks you to discuss the values and beliefs that you hold strongly to, the reference is not being made to trivial beliefs such as a sense of humor. When one speaks of values in terms of personal reasons these normally include honor, integrity, and respect among other things. Those are the values that you should believe in and strongly promote in your daily life.

The NTU honor code highlights the university belief in truth, trust, and justice. These are the same values that they expect their students to embody. Not surprisingly, these are the same values that everyone tries to adhere to in daily life. Pick one of the three that you identify with the most and then develop your response to reflect that belief and how you try to uphold that "character trait" in your everyday life. It should not be hard for you to develop something that will help you reflect that in your statement.

Home / Scholarship / Sense of humor is very helpful in my life - NTU Scholarship Essay on values and beliefs