'SERENE THOUGHTS' - personal and academic goals

Feenahluv 1 / 3  
Please complete the following section within the space provided. Keep responses between 300-400 words.
Please provide a personal statement detailing personal and academic goals.Please give any corrections and editing your help will be appreciated. thanks

SERENE THOUGHTS
Writing about details relating to my personal and academic goals has always been not so easy, most especially about the personal goals. This is because, as a child, I fancied several hand jobs but making a choice as to which I would like to be engaged in was very difficult as they all looked good to my thoughts.

At a very tender age, I always visited my aunt's salon during weekends, where she treats peoples' hairs after which she plaited them of which the latter was a major formation of the salon. During that period before she relocated after getting married, I learnt to plait different hairstyles. I adore the gratitude and satisfaction expressed by the customer after having their hair. I had ever since wanted to own a hairdressing salon where I should make people feel good after making their hair. I intend to as well get some people employed.

Meanwhile, after the departure of my aunt, I enrolled at a tailoring institution. I began to learn how to sew good female dresses with damask and Ankara within the first three months. I was, then, already good and handled few contracts for the institute which was part of the terms and conditions for enrollment. Unfortunately, after the recent security challenges of boko haram, the owner of the institute closed it under threat and relocated. I could not obtain my certificate thus. More so, I do not have the machines to practice. I should like to own a store where I shall see over the making of people's clothing.

Academically, I adore researching. The fascinating nature of the computer and its plethora of application in our lives today, and increased application in the near future, I should be most fulfilled as an academic to research as a computer engineer to solve either mechanical or communication challenges facing the world of computing/computer.

Despite my love for researching in the computer world, I detest the nature in which children around my community are deliberating kept away from school. I shall consider myself fulfilled if I could be able to create an organization that would help less privilege children achieve their dreams in life by getting them enrolled into school. They would, in the end, be sent to either vocational training schools while some others would be sent to tertiary institutions depending on the sponsorship obtained or scholarship awarded.

Sometimes it feels like I dream too much but I believe with determination and hard work, my goals would be achievable.

417words
14janicel 3 / 15 2  
The "several hand jobs" in the first paragraph is a little confusing. Other than that, I find your essay simple and sweet. :)
Writing about details relating to my personal and academic goals has always been not so easy, most especially about the personal goals.

I like if you didn't say this.... Why do you want to give a vague feeling about your personal goals. I don't think it would help you impress anybody, because people value someone being visionary. My advice for you is to remove these lines.

This is because, as a child, I fancied several hand jobs but making a choice as to which I would like to be engaged in was very difficult as they all looked good to my thoughts.

You can get a start here, no problem, but soon you need to come up with a strong personal goal.

Home / Scholarship / 'SERENE THOUGHTS' - personal and academic goals