'to serve Maldivian government' personal statement for application to masters program

ai5h00 1 / 2  
Dear all,

I am not a very good writer. So could you guys please help me with improving my first essay.

This personal statement should be a narrative statement describing how you have achieved your current goals. It should not be a mere listing of facts. It should include information about your education, practical experience, special interests, and career plans. Describe any significant factors that have influenced your educational or professional development. Comment on the number of years of practical experience already completed in the field in which academic work will be done in the U.S. Do not mention specific U.S. universities at which you would like to study.

My life in secondary school is the period where I began my interest in my current field. During those days I enjoyed all the subjects related to the business and also subjects related to economy. In despite of being a hater of reading, I enjoyed reading business related books and articles. I loved to check real company's financial statements and learning what is going with them. But during that time period I was unable to choose in which specific area of the business I will be getting specialized.

After, my secondary school I joined to Bank of Maldives and the duties I received were quite related to my studies. But I found out this is not what I want my career to be by knowing how I felt about the work and how keen I was to carry my duties and responsibilities. Therefore, after 6 months work in Bank of Maldives, on 01st Jan 2006 I joined to a private company as a senior Accountant which I was later promoted to Assistant manager of the accounts department as a recognition and appreciation of my contribution to the company. By knowing strengths and enthusiasm towards my job in this company acted as an assistance to choose the accounting as my main career area.

After one year experience in accounting field I decided to go for higher studies and started to look for an opportunity to study. During the month of May 2007, I got a chance from Ministry of higher education of Maldives to finish Associated Charted Certified Accountants (ACCA) program within a three year term starting from 1st of June 2007 in Singapore institution. But I managed to finish ACCA program during 2 years and 6 months with good results including the first place in Singapore from the advance level paper of ACCA. In addition to ACCA, I opted to few additional modules to get a Degree (Hons) in Applied Accounting of Oxford Brookes University.

After completing ACCA and degree program, I got quite few good job opportunities from different local companies and government authorities. From all those I chose to join one of the highly ranked media companies of Maldives as a chief Accountant which I was recommend to the company by my previous employer. And this is nearly being two years in this job and I have given fairly well contributions to my employer. In addition to my duties and responsibilities of my post, I have carried out several projects of my employer like taking responsibilities acting as a leader for company important bid documentations, representing company in several events etc.

During my current job as a chief Accountant of a media company, I have being given several higher management level duties and responsibilities. I have to deal with my sub ordinates staffs as well as accountable to shareholders and company board as I am the head of accounts department of the company. Since ACCA and Degree program I completed was mainly based to financial accounting and other laws and regulations related to maintaining and handling financial accounts the only difficulty raised in fulfilling my duties and responsibilities was the issues related to management accounting area. This is the situation where I realized the part I am missing to be perfect in my career is lack of management accounting. Therefore I have decided to go for masters with a management accounting cum managerial field.

After completing my Masters program my first preferability will be looking an opportunity to serve Maldivian government. If I find a good opportunity from government I will be eager to serve in a government authority. In addition I will look for an opportunity to work in Maldives Tax Tribunal committee, as for me tax is my second interesting career and also I have knowledge about taxation through My ACCA study and Tax tribunal committee works are directly related to the accounting field. Moreover, at some part of my life I would like to join one of the biggest Maldivian companies as a head of accounts department and enjoy each and every side of accounts field.
OP ai5h00 1 / 2  
By tomorrow i need to submit this essay. so could you guys do correction for me and provide any ideas improve this essay
My life in secondary school was the period where I began my interest in my current field.

During those days I enjoyed all the subjects related to the business and also subjects related to the economy.

In dDespite being a hater of reading, I enjoyed reading business related books and articles.

After, my secondary school I joined to Bank of Maldives, and the duties I performed were quite related to my studies.

After one year experience in the accounting field, I decided to go for higher studies and started to look for an opportunity to study.

After completing ACCA and the degree program, I got quite a few good job opportunities from different local companies and government agencies .

Out of all those, I chose to join one of the highly ranked media companies of Maldives...

In addition to the duties and responsibilities of my post, I have carried out several projects for my employer, like taking responsibilities...

After completing my Masters program, my first preference will be looking an opportunity to serve Maldivian government.

:)
OP ai5h00 1 / 2  
Thank you Susan,, this really helped :)

Home / Scholarship / 'to serve Maldivian government' personal statement for application to masters program