"Shape the city with AI"; Artificial Intelligent and Deep Learning has bright future

abetterfuture 1 / -  
I have been prepare it for a month. I am so glad if you can give me useful feedback so that I can make it better.

Here is my KGSP Study Plan:

practical aspects of managing innovation

Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Deep Learning has bright future to shape the world. They offers the best path to solve hard challenges. Self-driving cars, better preventive health care, robots that learning, camera that can identify and detect human action, all of those things are some of AI implementation in the real world. We can make computer not only to do our instruction but also to make them learn specific things. This will extremely helpful for human in the future. This field will make a better world in many ways, it can be in medicine, security or make the city become livable. I am interested in AI and Urban Computing to shape the city and make it more livable, that is what make me want to get involved in this field. I want to implemented AI technology to shape the city. So, my research will be developed new ways how to use AI to tackle city's challenges and build smart city.

The ability to learn about citizen-city behavior is really important because smart cities is build based on citizen's needs. Through their behavior we can analyze and gain the insight what particular things in the city that should be created and improved to increase the quality and efficiency of citizens life, in other words 'to serve them better.' However, to understand behavior of the citizens requires much effort such as daily observation, investigation and analysis of their life. Moreover, current human as a sensor concept through smartphone also bring some challenges related in energy consumption and privacy. So, we need develop a new tool that can identify, monitor and analyze citizens behavior effortlessly to generate data or pattern that can be read and give meaningful insight for human. In other words, we need build data acquisition techniques that can detecting traffic anomalies and solve urban challenges such as traffic congestion, criminality and air pollution. AI play an important role in this thing. Through rich knowledge that provided with Big Data technique, AI will be able to uncover information about citizens behavior by recognizing pattern in data. That is research topics that I will focus on.

I believe this research will certainly be valuable for everyone, including city council, entrepreneurs and other stakeholders to make accurate choice when develop and sharping the city. It will lower the costs, reducing environmental issues, energy consumption and financial risks. Moreover, the citizen's needs also will be fulfilled appropriately.

X University School of Computing has really strong faculty involved in AI and Internet of Things (IoT) Research & Development to make smart city ecosystem. I found many faculty at X University are working on topics that fit with my interest like Professor X works on Pervasive Computing, various IoT Research & Development and also faculty member of X Research Center at X University. Professor Y who works on AI and has been build many useful application and system of AI in information extraction, location and health-based services. Professor Z who works on Ubiquitous Computing and has been build many innovative and practical applications such as A, B and C. It would be meaningful experience for me to collaborate and solve city problem together with them.

Talking about the course that I am going to take, I plan to take specific course related in Artificial Intelligence like AI and Machine Learning (CS570), Intelligent Robotics (CS572), Natural Language Processing (CS574) and Computer Vision (CS576). Moreover, I will take several elective courses such as Social Network-Aware Ubiquitous Computing (CS612), Advanced Data Mining (CS665) and Pattern Recognition (CS676). These are the courses that interested me the most and I will do my best in those courses. Furthermore, since first semester at there, I will to be as active as possible. I plan to join some student clubs, secure internship and doing research in the summer. In addition, South Korea has Seoul which is one of the smartest city in the world. Study in Korea will give me a better understanding about smart city. I would not only study from the class, but I also would be able to doing independent observation on real-world application which has been implemented in Seoul. This is aligned with my research and could give me a better perspective to doing research on AI and Urban Computing. Both Korea and X University are best fit for me to deepen this field.
Robert, what you have written is not a proper KGSP Goal of Study / Study plan. In this essay, you are supposed to discuss what your potential thesis project will be all about. What research are you interested in accomplishing during your final year of study? How is this project supposed to help change the way AI is used or developed? What you have to do at this point is present a project proposal with a project title, outline of potential research topics, and a detailed explanation of how this is to be completed and accomplished within the time allotted during your studies in Korea. What is your expected final outcome? How or which Korean companies or research facilities of the university will you be using? This is not a plan regarding how you will spend your time in Korea. Rather, this is an essay that should detail the seriousness of your intention to be an exemplary student during your time there. Only the first paragraph of this essay will be usable in the revised format. You will need to respond to the questions I posed earlier in this post in the revised essay in order to create a more appropriate draft of your goal of study / study plan.

Home / Scholarship / "Shape the city with AI"; Artificial Intelligent and Deep Learning has bright future