I showed my influence and leadership skills as a member of survey and engineering unit of DABS

Jafarahmadi 1 / -  
It was a snowy day that I received a call, and was telling me that you succeeded in the test. It was exciting for me, because many more experienced engineers were attended in the test, and I was pessimistic to be the winner. I passed the written test not very well, but interviewers were happy on me and found many positive points. At the last day they agreed, and I signed the contract as a member of survey and engineering unit of DABS. I showed my ability skills in influence and leadership in many stages of this period.

DABS (Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat) that I'm working there is the national power utility that operates and manages electric power, generation, import, transmission and distribution in all over Afghanistan. DABS was decided to build a small hydro power plant (HPP) in Daykundi province, a rural area in central Afghanistan. When I heard the news, I tried to negotiate and discuss with my manager, plan director and COO of the company. I was insisting that I can manage and manipulate the project in the planed schedule and in a good manner. At the first they couldn't believe on me, because I was a young engineer, as in 2 years ago were graduated from University. I hadn't had enough experience, but due to communications and observation that they've done within this period, they trusted on me and agreed to give the management of this project.

In starting, I prepared a team for well supervising and monitoring the project. I nominated a site engineer, QC engineer and announced for hiring a hydraulic engineer. Monitoring and supervising a multi-million dollar project is not easy, because contractors try to finish the project in short period with the lowest quality to make more money. But the team has shown their honesty and hardworking for implementing the project, and based on that adjectives were that the work progress is going in a desired way and successfully.

Another tries on influencing the authorities is getting sanction for adding another turbine in the HPP. At initial time project was planned to have 2 turbines with lower power productive capacity, but as evaluated, and investigated during work in the site, specified that with existing water in the river, we could run another turbine with similar capacity. Finally we convinced authorities after long discussions and argumentation to fund for adding another turbine with penstock in the HPP. It was a great success for the team, and for the project manager.

Now I'm happy to run the position that could not imagine before in my life, and hope to continue with more successes.
bismillah 15 / 29 1  
hi my friend i have some advices for you in the using of link up word,in the academic essay can not be used to linked up by words,for example : i couldn't it should be a could not

they've = they have
its possible ,according to you that good sentence or word even passage but,the academis that is banned.
and enrich your vocabulariesto get better
good luck

Home / Scholarship / I showed my influence and leadership skills as a member of survey and engineering unit of DABS