Showing clear examples of my networking skills... I can not differentiate it with Leadership's One

DrNazary 2 / -  
Chevening is looking for individuals with strong networking skills, who will engage with the Chevening community and influence and lead others in their chosen profession. Explain how you meet this requirement, using clear examples of your networking skills, and outline how you hope to use these skills in the future.

(minimum word count: 50 words, maximum word count: 500 words)

genuine passion of working with people

How a typical doctor became the dean of the medical faculty and got dignity on a regional level is a summary of my career. This can also prove that I have networking skills and I have struggled a lot to make them further wider.

An extremely strong ambition of becoming an Afghan representative for health issues in United Nations, led me to centralize my efforts toward establishing strong relationships with international health clients, who were actively working with public health department in Kandahar.

In order to build strong rapprochements with international health clients, joining health associations were of my biggest priorities. Therefore, I established medical student association within Kandahar medical university. As a chief of the association, I struggled a lot to get involved in the activities of the Public Health Department, because it was the only sector that had more international health clients. I was always seeking an opportunity to recruit their attention. Once I participated in a conference about Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) in Public Health Department. I declared the importance of participation of the public and religious individuals on the effective implementation of EPI. Fortunately, I recruited special attention of health clients from MSF, ICRC, WHO, and Save the Children. Then I became regular participant of their meetings.

In addition to engaging international health clients when I was medical student, upon completion of medical undergraduate studies, I joined one of the private medical faculty as a lecturer. I was recommended to the post by senior staff of my medical faculty. As I had enough knowledge about medical educational system, the credit system, I started to work with students and faculty staff as a guidance teacher too. In a very short time I posed as one of the most capable lecturer in the faculty.

I devoted much of my time to participate academic events, attend meetings, and pay special attention on building relationships with higher management. Within numerous meetings, I showed them my extraordinary academic capacity and working capability by organizing the plan for the progression of the medical faculty. This helped me to make the network wider to the senior staff of the university. Soon they appointed me as a dean of the medical faculty.

After working for at least fourteen months with aforementioned university, In order to achieve my longer term goal, I resigned from the job and joined the new national health program, Afghanistan Center for Training and Development (ACTD), with UINCEF.

I believe I have genuine passion of working with people. Therefore once I get an opportunity to study in UK, passionately involvement with colleagues who share the similar profession and ambition would be of my biggest priorities. I would likely understand and learn the similarities and differences of our communities especially the efficiency of social setting on health sectors.

As a Chevening awardee, I would have possibility to establish a Chevening alumni association. This would make it possible for Chevening alumni to share their vision and knowledge with professional and public health students from different parts of the world.
bnrdhmsnt 4 / 14 5  
@DrNazary your essay sounds impressive. In the essay you explained a lot of how you make a new network, which is good, however you haven't put a brief explanation on how you lead and influence your team to achieve certain goals. With your position as a dean, I'm pretty sure that you have a lot story of leadership. Choose one among those stories, and explain it on your essay will be best idea, rather than merely writing about how you make a new network.
Mohabatullah, in the second paragraph, you need to clarify if you established this organization as a student or as a professional already. That is unclear so the reason for the establishment becomes confusing. If this was established during your time as a student, then you need to indicate which international networks you were able to connect with and whether or not this network still exists. More importantly, you have to determined whether or not the organization you created was able to help its affiliate networks and vice versa. Remove the reference to your becoming a lecturer. That is better suited for the leadership and influencing essay. Talking about your participation in events, meetings, and building relationships with higher management is for the leadership essay as well. Everything you wrote after the establishment of the medical student association are all leadership information and do not belong here. I already mentioned how you can turn this into a proper networking essay. Develop that instruction and the essay should be usable for you purpose.

Home / Scholarship / Showing clear examples of my networking skills... I can not differentiate it with Leadership's One