I am sincere and an ardent to excel my networking - Chevening Scholarship essay

Gautamj 1 / -  

Essay on Networking : Chevening Scholarship

The professional web, in which I have been growing up, has always abetted me in gaining an experience in hands and a wide range of knowledge in mind along with support and appropriate advice. Equipped with essential networking skills have left many doors open for me to grab my dream to contribute to the field of public policy in my native land.

I often build a relationship with professors and civil servants since the job I am doing now demands more interaction and discussions on Public Policy with them. During my professional voyage to public policy and analysis, I have come to develop and expand my web further reaching high-level bureaucrats of Nepal, policy experts and civil society as I have actively involved in various national programmes centring on public policy and administration.

In the same way, the circle of networking of me has also enlarged comprising international university professors, policy experts and international trainers. While I was working for an international research programme on public policy and public administration, I had to arrange meetings with bureaucrats in a large number as our respondents. I adopted all the skills to make them sit down as the respondents of our research. The head of our project became happy seeing my networking style and thanked me as I successfully accomplished the assigned tasks.

As a student in Chevening community with an avid passion on Public policy, I never let go any opportunity being in contact with the people from the same field. Speaking for myself, networking has been crucial in many ways, thus, I would preserve the web of relationship intact using e-mails, LinkedIn, Twitter and meeting in persons. Getting the previous contacts on a row is quite necessary as developing relationship needs more effort. Thus, I will be using networking skills in a honed manner in a future too because being surrounded myself with like-minded people really a sanctification.

I am sincere and an ardent to excel my networking, experience and knowledge and transfer them to contribute my nation and to help people with better public policy options. Additionally, I would engage in Chevening's events in my country and conduct seminars, and training to Nepalese fellows to give knowledge and new insights gained from Chevening community.
terminal28 4 / 20 5  
I am not too clear about your first sentence. The word "abet" has a negative meaning: encourage or assist (someone) to do something wrong, in particular to commit a crime. So you may want to choose a different verb instead. "experience in hands_____?"

What exactly is "the job I am doing now"? And how did you use your network to accomplish something significant in the "job I am doing now"?

On a whole, please check your grammar overall and be sure that the words you choose are appropriate for what you want to convey.
Janaki, this is a useless networking essay. It does not contain any reference to an actual working network and any applications you have used it for in your profession, nor does it properly indicate the growth of a network based on training, seminars, and collaborations. All of which must have a real time setting and physical interaction as online networks are not really taken seriously at this point in time.

You have only explained what comprises your network, without any believable reference to actual use, positions of power that do not include any description of the networking official's capacity to help you with any project, and a description of what your job is that sometimes requires networking. This is one of the most forgettable networking essays I have ever read coming from a Chevening applicant. If a Chevening reviewer reads this, he will not allow your application to go any further than the screening round.

Write a new networking essay that indicates more specific information regarding the development of your network and its use in your profession. Think about how Chevening members can benefit from your network and bring attention to that importance. Don't serve up a generic essay that any student could have written for any scholarship application. You need to prove that you are the best of the best in all aspects required by the essays. Otherwise, you just can't compete in the application process.

Home / Scholarship / I am sincere and an ardent to excel my networking - Chevening Scholarship essay