Sky is the limit; Motivation letter

atinas84 1 / -  
Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is such an honored to have an opportunity to apply for Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate Program. If you cannot contribute, at least you can inspire. This is always being my motivation in everything that I do.

Even though I have no background in Social Work, but I have proven that with passion and motivation, sky is the limit. After graduating in Bachelor of Biology, I later further my studies in Master in Social Work. With the trust that had given by the Malaysian Higher Education Minister, I was appointed to be an Academic Trainee at.... I had graduated with a flying color. As a result, I was invited to join a Golden Key Honor Society. This opportunity gives me a better chance to widen my ideas horizon and networking. During my studies, I had joined numbers of seminars, research method courses, colloquiums and program which involving youth development. I was a speaker for career talk for school students. Besides, I had completed my practicum as a Medical Social Worker at.... I had explored numbers of complicated issues such as rape, abuse, prostitution, illegal immigrants, poor, AIDS survivors, single parents, abandon children, baby dumping and broken families which are very challenging. This opportunity had given me new perspective in seeing people, I do believe that human beings are born with their own potentials to success, and as a Social Worker, I feel responsible to help them to understand and believe in their own strength. This philosophy makes me appreciate individuals in their unique ways better. I feel blessed for having the opportunity to be a social worker because each day I learn lots of things and the best thing is now I look at world in a different way which before this I never realized or appreciated. A part of that, I also joined recreational activities such as international walking and running. Currently, I am an assistant in teaching.

I believe this program is the best program in integrating areas which could contribute to new paradigm in Social Work field. Since currently I am doing a research in traumatic bereavement, I can see this program is a lifetime opportunity. I am seriously considering specializing in Traumatic bereavement which needs understandings in combination areas of health and welfare. Living in a country with limited knowledge in Social Work makes Social Worker as a challenge career. Therefore, going to abroad and opportunity to learn with expertise in Social Work area in prestigious Universities is a must. In fact, with the trust that had given by....as an Academic Trainee, it is my responsible to find ways to enhance my knowledge and experience which later could beneficial young generation of Social Worker and the society. I do believe as a Social Worker, going abroad is a bonus. It is important for us to learn about the richness of culture in different country. In fact, different economic background in each country will definitely influence the populations` behavior which is interesting to explore. Besides, I am keenly interested in acquiring more theoretical and practical knowledge in conducting research which I am lacking of.

Eventually, with the opportunity given, hopefully I could apply the knowledge to improve the social work education in Malaysia. I strongly believe that education is the answer for the social problem where education will empower the society to change. I can see myself as an educator who will share my knowledge and experience to nurture the young generation of Social Workers. I hope to inspire the Government to be more sensitive in helping the society to achieve equilibrium in material and psychology needs. I really hope that with the knowledge I have and will gain could inspire the Welfare Department to improve the available policy and services. Last but not least, hopefully I can be an asset to the University and set up a new course in combining the Social Work and health areas. I want to be an expertise in this area.

I would hope to be given the opportunity to participate in this Joint Doctoral program as I am a highly motivated person and full of passion but I really need a channel that can help me to succeed. I really hope to be considered wisely as a destitute person with a great passion to success. Thank you for considering my application, and I look forward to your positive reply.
Even though I have no background in Social Work, but I have proven that with passion and motivation, sky is the limit.

Even though I have no background in Social Work, but I have proven that with passion and motivation, sky is the limit. After graduating in Bachelor of Biology, I later further my studies in Master in Social Work. With the trust that had given by the Malaysian Higher Education Minister, I was appointed to be an Academic Trainee at.... I had graduated with a flying color. As a result, I was invited to join a Golden Key Honor Society.

Well... may be you are a star class student. But this piece of writing sounds as if you are boaster. I wish you tone it down a bit and let them judge you through your achievements that you are a very bright students. At the same time I agree that you should sound a confident person, but try to reduce the effect of what you've already done above.
SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
This writing is very confident to describe yourself. I suggest you to attach what kind of changes for you and also for your surrround after joined some activities. This is may be in Golden key honor society, in your teaching assistant, or in your management trainee. Try to explain what kind of your responsibility in each of activities, with empirical example.

Home / Scholarship / Sky is the limit; Motivation letter