Home / Scholarship   % width NEW!

Soccer team captain / Student leader - Essay for scholarship Editing

nknawin 1 / -  
Ques..Tell us about your leadership/community service activities and how you plan to use your education from Concord to provide more such opportunities in your home country.

Ans..My role & responsibilities as the captain of my school soccer team was one of the numerous opportunities where my community values, traits & leadership qualities helped me cope with the situations. I was able to guide my team-mates, belonging to different communities, to play as one. I was able to do so only because I worked and socialized with local people of diverse communities. Big targets have been found achieved through unification of small efforts under my leadership.

By using the resources available at Concord University I would be able to equip myself with the knowledge, good qualities, customs and cultural values during my journey of education. When I will be back to my home country after education I will infuse the values gained at the Concord University though persuasions, involvement & guided efforts. I would implement the leadership qualities on development of medical facilities for the huge deprived tribal communities of Bastar district in India. For promoting the social service I would like to incorporate a trust for adopting the blind orphans of developing nation like India. I hope this would make the difference in upliftment of social & political condition in India. Expansion of small activities of leadership & community service from a small place would reach other parts through a phenomenon growth & input of more resources & efforts.

In addition to the above I would like start an institution for skill development in the different fields of economic development under the assistance from Small Scale Industries Development Corporation, Government of India. This would benefit the poor mass of people by getting rid of poverty through providing training & arranging employments thereafter.

Ques.. What does it mean to be a student leader?

Ans..In my school I am the captain of the soccer team for national & state tournaments. I find in me a student leader, which imbibes integrity, vision, courage, humility, creativity, conviction, trustworthiness, fairness to mention but a few all of which are crucial leadership qualities. What does it mean to be a student leader? Is it the title...captain, cultural secretary, head boy etc? To me, it's more than that. Titles are important...no doubt about that, but they don't have much value when it comes to leading. True leadership cannot be awarded, appointed or assigned. It is not primarily a formal position. There have been great leaders, who did not hold high positions-for example, Martin Luther King Jr. It comes only from influence and it has to be earned. Being a leader in a mass of students is more than just having the name "captain". In other words, one doesn't need a title to lead. It's not the position that makes the leader; it's the leader that makes the position. However, it is also true that I am assigned this leadership positions, have a key role to play in achieving the reputation of the school.

To me, a student leader is someone who demonstrates extraordinary dedication to his or her team, and will do whatever it takes to better the team as a whole. A leader infuses a sense of positivity and directs others to reach the specified goal. Leadership therefore is that process in which an individual influences an organized group (followers) to attain a common goal of winning the tournament & the trophy for the best reputation of the school. The above goal is being attained by mutual cooperation and cohesive behavior. Yes, a knowledgeable leader who understands what drives the bottom line is valuable. But it's the leader who can get others to perform at their best who ultimately creates a winning team. Good leaders are therefore those who build teams to get results across a variety of situations encountered.

Home / Scholarship / Soccer team captain / Student leader - Essay for scholarship Editing