Social Science / Linguistic with Hons - KOREAN GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIP - STUDY PLAN

tsyiaa99 2 / 6  
Hi! I want to recheck my study plan.

LANGUAGE STUDY PLAN

I've graduated from Bachelor of Social Science (Linguistic with Hons) at UKM (National University of Malaysia). Besides, understand structure of a language, have skills in foreign language are one of our strength either. I took Korean, Japanese, and French as additional subjects as for foreign language to strengthen my degree. Due to inconvenient time, I only managed to complete Korean up to intermediate level, besides the other languages. Since school, I really love to be and participate in every language class. I took 3 languages, Malay, English and Arabic. In my opinion, having skills in languages is my strength in such a way wherever I go and it's boost up my confidence when speaking locally and internationally, especially when seeking jobs.

Since my Korean is at intermediate level, I am confident that I have a good level of proficiency in Korean. Besides Korean, I will still keep practising on other languages such as Japanese, French, Arabic, English and even my mother's tongue, Malay. Since I wish to pursue masters degree in Korea and the course will be conducted in Korean thus strengthen so as to why I took Korean language.

So, according to NIIED, I need to attend Korean language programme for a year before getting into my major classes, and I'm glad to attend it because even though, I've learned Korean at my university before came to Korea, I think with a year Korean language programme, can help me to improve my Korean. During the one year programme, I am confident to speak better Korean and enrich my vocabulary. Good readings daily and communicate frequently in Korean with my friends will improve my Korean even further besides my English and other languages. Besides that, after graduated from my master degree and I will come back to my home country and will continue improving my foreign language, especially Korean while working with a company that need a multi -language speaker.

One at a time.
The essay is not concerned about your undergraduate certification. Nor is it concerned with the number and kinds of languages that you can converse or write in. The only concern for this essay is how you have prepared to use Hangul upon arrival in Korea. That means, the focus should be on Korean language development before and after arriving in Korea. It will be alright to omit English language learning at this point since the classes, as you said, are taught in Hangul anyway. The study plan should therefore, we edited down to just the required discussion topics.

Better explain how you have been improving your Korean language skills at the moment. Do not say that you stopped at the intermediate level. That is not helpful to your response. Rather, explain how you are trying to reach the advanced level prior to your arrival in Korea. This can refer to chat rooms, social media, or any similar acitivities that allow you to develop your written and spoken Hangul skills.

Remove the reference to "i think" in the post arrival study plan. It removes the confident tone of your response. Do not refer to NIIED either. You do not have to tell the reviewer information that he already knows about. You may refer to the language classes but focus on out of class language improvement since you will be expected to speak in Hangul to your Korean friends and classmates.

Home / Scholarship / Social Science / Linguistic with Hons - KOREAN GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIP - STUDY PLAN